Practical Project Management
Ray McKenzie, the Founder and Managing Director of Red Beach Advisors is our guest to assist in our pursuit of Learning Agile.
Specifically, we discuss the following with Ray in this episode:
- (1:31) How did you get involved in project management? Tell us a little about your journey.
- (2:58) Why Agile is such a useful method for project execution?
- (4:49) Getting started can often be the most difficult challenge of implementing anything new? How should people get started implementing Agile?
- (6:59) We are learning that paying attention to culture is so important with Agile. How do you help your clients manage an Agile project management culture?
- (8:10) How does Agile help “manage the funnel” of projects?
- (11:29) What are some mistakes to avoid in implementing Agile?
- (13:08) Have you had the chance to use Agile for something other than software development or could you see it working for your clients?
- (14:53) Will you give us examples of successful projects through the use of an Agile methodology?
Rapid Fire Round
- (16:46) What is the single best piece of project management advice you’ve ever received?
- (17:15) What is your most valuable project management resource?
About Ray McKenzie
Ray McKenzie is the Founder and Managing Director of Red Beach Advisors. With more than 15 years of experience as a senior business executive and consultant leading global organizations ranging from small businesses, startups, and large enterprises. Ray has held various senior executive positions with companies such as Verisign, Neustar, State Farm Insurance, TeleSign, UltraDNS and has served in an advisory role for several start-up companies in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC. Ray McKenzie completed his studies in Management Information Systems from San Diego State University in 2001 and is a certified AWS Cloud Practitioner (CLF). Mr. McKenzie is also a certified Lean Six Sigma