Update: Internet Safety for Parents with Scott Driscoll
This interview is part of a special series by intrepidNOW Lifestyle on Internet Safety. The series is targeted at parents that know that they must protect their children from the dangers of online access but are not quite sure how. We will interview the experts and share their prescriptive advice.
GUEST: Scott Driscoll, Founder and President of Internet Safety Concepts
Scott re-joined us to continue to share his advice for parents on many aspects of internet safety. Specifically, this time we talked with Scott about the following:
- (1:05) Let’s get right to it Scott, I started this series a couple years ago on a personal journey to get smart on Internet Safety and to find the best technology to block and monitor all the bad things on the Internet from my then 10 year old. Now that my son is about to turn 12, the age at which we told him that he may be able to get a smart phone if he proves himself responsible, my personal journey now is more about teaching responsible use of technology. Where do you stand on the balance between blocking and monitoring technology and teaching responsible use of technology?
- (2:55) What are the dangers of gaming and games like Fortnite?
- (4:59) Parents are now more aware that kids are being groomed online, but is it really more prevalent than when sex offenders stalked playgrounds years ago?
- (7:14) What are to top 2 our 3 pieces of advice that you would give parents that don’t know where to start digital parenting?
- (8:38) If parents are interested in getting your help, what is the best way to do that?
- (10:14) What have I missed, what else do parents need to be aware of regarding Internet Safety?
Check out our previous interview with Scott.
Check out our other great interviews on Internet Safety for Parents!
About Internet Safety Concepts