Today, we welcome Ben Kubic and Jude Rasmus to the Incubator! Ben is the Co-founder and CEO, and Jude is the Co-founder and Head of Real Estate of VIRGENT REALTY! Virgent makes it really simple to sell your home…
Notes and today’s discussion guide on the simple way to sell your home:
1. Home selling made simple.
2. A cloud-based home selling service. All the bureaucratic stuff is now completed online. And far simpler. Platform driven.
3. The tech focus to date has been to make things easier for the real estate agents. NOT the consumer (the home seller).
4. Jude walks us through the complete Virgent process.
5. “Any interaction between Virgent and the customer should last thirty seconds or less.”
6. Despite this cloud-based platform, you can still talk to your human agent!
7. Giving consumers the ability to watch the market and make a more informed decision, through their FREE evaluation. And Jude walks us through the the evaluation is compiled.
8. At the launch, Virgent focuses on only sellers, NOT buyers. We discuss why.
9. We discuss the fee structure (which is very simple). And you only pay if you sell your home! Leveraging technology enables them to offer this competitive fee…
10. We discuss why the planted their startup flag in Atlanta. And what is the long-term growth plan for Virgent? And will they ultimately serve buyers as well…
11. The model is VERY scalable!
12. How are the collecting and utilizing consumer feedback?
13. Currently bootstrapping, but there is a long-term plan to fundraise. We discuss the plan and the timeline…
14. We also discuss some staffing recruitment needs and goals.
15. “Home evaluations by text message!”
16. Ben, a recent MBA graduate, discusses the value (or not) of B-school.
About Ben Kubic:
Ben is the Co-founder and CEO of Virgent Realty. Ben designed both the innovative business model and technology that Virgent is built on. Ben founded his first company as a sophomore in college to serve the educational needs of lower-income students in the surrounding area; he sold that company after growing it for 5 years. He was also a strategy consultant for Deloitte Consulting, during which time he advised Fortune 500 companies in industries varying from frozen foods to healthcare. Ben holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a B.A. in Political Science and B.S. in Operations Management from the University of Maryland.
About Jude Rasmus:
Jude is the Head of Real Estate for Virgent Realty. As a licensed broker for the last 25 years, Jude has been responsible for acquisition and disposition of over 20,000 residential assets and $2 billion in sales in the Atlanta MSA and the Southeast. She has been recognized as a top three volume broker in Wall Street Journal’s “The Thousand” consistently. Jude is also a member of Young Presidents Organization, World Presidents’ Organization. She has a daughter, 18 and son, 15 who challenge her to constantly understand the value of social media and new technologies.
About your Co-Hosts:
ASHLEY STAGGS: Ashley is the Director of Marketing at FinTech startup Wela. Passionate about introducing consumers to life-enhancing products, has nearly ten years of managing marketing departments for startups and growth-phase businesses. During football season you can find Ashley sporting blue and orange and cheering on her Florida Gators. Outside of football season Ashley is touring Atlanta brunch spots in search of the perfect French toast or taking her chiweenie Roxie to the dog park. EMAIL ASHLEY.
TODD SCHNICK: With over twenty years in business, media, and politics, Todd has plenty of battle scars. With an early career as a national political operative, then starting six companies, to hosting thousands of interviews on the radio, Todd’s work as a business and media strategist comes with a unique collection of experiences in the trenches. A distance runner, writer, and speaker, Todd lives with his family in Brookhaven, Georgia. EMAIL TODD.
theINCUBATOR is made possible by:
And in partnership between:
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.