Joined in studio today by Michael Patrick, Founder + CEO, of Thanks Geoffrey, your own personal and shared butler service!
Notes and discussion guide from today’s show featuring Thanks Geoffrey: Your personal butler service:
1. “We all need help at the edges…”
2. Purpose is to help people focus on their careers, and also achieve some balance outside of work too…
3. They are a shared butler service. What is meant by “shared?”
4. The key is that your Geoffrey is proactive and thoughtful. And why that matters!
5. We discuss all the ways your Geoffrey will serve you, from picking up dry cleaning, buying and wrapping gifts for friends and family, basic grocery shopping, to putting together furniture from IKEA.
6. Although the name of Geoffrey was inspired by the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, ninety percent of the Geoffreys will be female.
7. We discuss their pricing model…(which I think is the best deal in town…).
8. We discuss the Geoffrey recruiting process. These are people that will get access to your home, so you have to trust them. How do they do it? “At the end of the day, we are a trust company…”
9. Raising capital? They are looking for funding and investors…
10. The long-term growth plan…
11. They are in process of building an app, launching Jan/Feb 2016. We discuss the technology behind Thanks Geoffrey, and how they plan to continue building efficiencies in their work flow…
About Michael Patrick
Michael founded Thanks Geoffrey as he witnessed so many friends and colleagues crave more time to spend on the things most important to them: family, children, work success, health and philanthropy. Michael spent half his career in finance with Wells Fargo and Goldman Sachs and the other half helping grow two privately held companies.
Michael received a Masters in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing from the University of Georgia where he played basketball for the Georgia Bulldogs.
Regardless of life stage or professional industry, the search for a few extra hours in a day remained constant. Michael believes time is life’s most important resource and is dedicated to building the Thanks Geoffrey service platform into the premier time saver in the world.
About your Co-Hosts:
ASHLEY STAGGS: Ashley is the Director of Marketing at FinTech startup Wela. Passionate about introducing consumers to life-enhancing products, has nearly ten years of managing marketing departments for startups and growth-phase businesses. During football season you can find Ashley sporting blue and orange and cheering on her Florida Gators. Outside of football season Ashley is touring Atlanta brunch spots in search of the perfect French toast or taking her chiweenie Roxie to the dog park. EMAIL ASHLEY.
TODD SCHNICK: With over twenty years in business, media, and politics, Todd has plenty of battle scars. With an early career as a national political operative, then starting six companies, to hosting thousands of interviews on the radio, Todd’s work as a business and media strategist comes with a unique collection of experiences in the trenches. A distance runner, writer, and speaker, Todd lives with his family in Brookhaven, Georgia. EMAIL TODD.
Subscribe on iTunes by clicking below!
theINCUBATOR is made possible by:
And in partnership between:
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.