Joined in theINCUBATOR today by Justin Richards, Co-Founder of Tenrocket and Alex Torres, a designer with 352 Inc. “Ideas are great, but often times the people don’t have the time or the willingness to see through an idea to build it and test the market. We thought there should be a place get crowd approval for your app idea and if it got enough votes then it would get built. Thus #crappideas has was born.”
1. Lots of great ideas out there, but most people don’t have the savvy or the technical relationships to bring it to life. We discuss the tenrocket model, and how it is different than most dev shops…
2. “It is all about making it real…” Helping others realize their dreams and ideas…
3. The value of “nerd mecca…”
4. What is #CrapIdeas? Why does talking about crap ideas matter? What is the application process?
5. If an idea gets a certain amount of social votes, tenrocket will build it!
6. Keep it simple… Very low friction… Takes away any roadblocks to getting interesting and odd things built and put out to market…
7. “We had the idea on Saturday, built it by Monday, and launched and marketed it by Tuesday. We wanted to make this possible for others….”
8. Product Hunt for NEW ideas…
9. What is Kio [Think designers and Tinder combined]…?
10. We discuss the #MakeItReal Meetup community… Go here –> http://www.tenrocket.com/makeitreal to join the community!
11. Time for the Wela Question of the Day!
About Justin Richards:
Justin has always been an entrepreneur at heart, and loves helping grow, build and start new companies. He is a front designer and developer by trade, although he enjoyed his time in the industry he decided it was time to go out on his own. Last year he quit his job at nba.com to venture out on his own and start a company. He decided to partner with a friend and help grow Tenrocket.com, which focuses on getting new ideas launched quickly through an MVP in order to test the market need.
About Alex Torress:
Alex Torres is a designer with years of experience in UI/UX design, branding, and advertising. He is a graduate of the University of Florida and is currently working at 352 inc. in Atlanta.
TRICIA WHITLOCK: Tricia is the Editor of Hypepotamus, THE publication for Atlanta’s thriving startup scene. She grew up in Atlanta, is a two time Georgia State grad, and ran her own small business during her college years. Now she writes about the movers and shakers in our local tech ecosystem. You can check her out on the Atlanta Tech Edge on Sundays and hustling around Midtown every day of the week. EMAIL TRISH
TODD SCHNICK: With over twenty years in business, media, and politics, Todd has plenty of battle scars. With an early career as a national political operative, then starting six companies, to hosting thousands of interviews on the radio, Todd’s work as a business and media strategist comes with a unique collection of experiences in the trenches. A distance runner, writer, and speaker, Todd lives with his family in Brookhaven, Georgia. EMAIL TODD.
theINCUBATOR is made possible by:
And in partnership between:
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.