Joined in studio today by Matt Reiner, CEO, and Eddie Goepp, COO, of Wela: Wela offers convenient access to free advice and financial tools, customized to your hopes and dreams. Get your full financial picture all in one place, track your financial goals, and make smarter investments.
Notes and today’s discussion guide on today’s show on simplified investing with Wela:
1. Robo-advising vs. digital advising. What’s the difference? Where does Wela fall into this?
2. “How do you deliver financial advice more efficiently?”
3. How does Wela actually work? How do you start? Do I actually need assets?
4. Who is Wela’s target market?
5. How do you make finance mainstream?
6. Is there reality TV show in the future for Wela? [Hint: Family Takeover on Spike TV]
7. Launching the Wela app in 2016!
8. Launching a new user experience for the main website too! What will that look like?
9. Is Wela raising money? Is Wela hiring talent?
10. Talk about the infrastructure that is keeping all this financial data secure? A never-ending process…
11. Where does Wela go from here? It starts with dominating the Atlanta market first!
About Matt Reiner
As a founding partner and Portfolio Manager, Matt coordinates the Investment Committee and translates the decisions into trades and allocation adjustments within the Wela Models. Matt also serves as an Investment Advisor and the Chief Investment Officer for Capital Investment Advisors (CIA). Outside of work when Matt isn’t spending time with his wife and their puppy dog, you can typically find him on the golf course or coaching his little league baseball team. An avid fan of the Georgia Bulldogs, you can also typically find him in Athens on Saturdays during the football season.
About Eddie Goepp
Driven by the desire to help build a foundation of providing independent, research-driven investment strategies and financial advice to advisors and individual clients alike, Eddie joined Wela as a Client Strategist in 2012. Backed by almost 10 years in the financial services industry, he’s been an invaluable resource to his clients and the Wela team. As a graduate of the University of Georgia, he’s passionate about the Terry College of Business, having spent three years serving on the Young Alumni Board, and of course, the Bulldawgs. As a season ticket holder, you can find him in Sanford Stadium on Saturdays in the fall. Eddie and his wife live in Brookhaven with their 2-year old English Golden Retriever named EB, and are members of Peachtree Presbyterian Church. When he’s not building Wela, spending time with his family or giving back to the community, you can rest assured he’ll be on the golf course.
About your Co-Hosts:
ASHLEY STAGGS: Ashley is the Director of Marketing at FinTech startup Wela. Passionate about introducing consumers to life-enhancing products, has nearly ten years of managing marketing departments for startups and growth-phase businesses. During football season you can find Ashley sporting blue and orange and cheering on her Florida Gators. Outside of football season Ashley is touring Atlanta brunch spots in search of the perfect French toast or taking her chiweenie Roxie to the dog park. EMAIL ASHLEY.
TODD SCHNICK: With over twenty years in business, media, and politics, Todd has plenty of battle scars. With an early career as a national political operative, then starting six companies, to hosting thousands of interviews on the radio, Todd’s work as a business and media strategist comes with a unique collection of experiences in the trenches. A distance runner, writer, and speaker, Todd lives with his family in Brookhaven, Georgia. EMAIL TODD.