Joined in theIncubator today by Miguel Oller (CEO + Co-Founder) and Ricardo De Andrade (Co-Founder) of Shortweb, headquartered in Atlanta, GA. Because what’s important on the internet, should be obvious.
1. What is Shortweb? Highlighting the internet….
2. Lots of noise on the internet. How do you see the important stuff? People don’t want more information, they want less….
3. This idea helps people who read A LOT of web-based content.
4. This is more than just curating an article. This is about curating the important BITS of an article. And then, filtering to see, for example, what your Facebook friends are highlighting. And then, your community can up vote and down vote the highlights…
5. We discuss the technology behind this product, and how it will scale.
6. Solving the tl;dr problem!
7. Where did the idea and inspiration for Shortweb come from?
8. Will Shortweb change content creation behaviors?
9. We discuss Shortweb’s involvement in Startup Summer and Startup Exchange.
10. What is customer discovery like when ANYONE can be your customer?
11. Curators are an important target for Shortweb…
12. The data collected from a service like Shortweb can change how people think about putting out content.
13. Looking to do a seed round…
14. How does Shortweb look in five years time? What are the most important people in the world shorting? Will you care what Tim Cook is highlighting?
15. How does the trend of enterprise tech impact what Shortweb is doing?
About today’s guests:
Born in the Dominican Republic and raised in Puerto Rico, Miguel came to the United States to pursue a degree in Mechanical Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology. After various internships in different companies he decided that corporate America was not for him and started to pursue his dream of launching his own company. Together with Ricardo De Andrade, Miguel decided to launch Shortweb where he runs the company as CEO and also builds core functionalities of the product.
Ricardo De Andrade:
Born and raised in Venezuela, Ricardo came to the Unites States to pursue a degree in Industrial Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology. Always interested in the subject, after getting involved with Shortweb, he declared a double major in Computer Science. Together with Miguel Oller, Ricardo co-founded Shortweb where he is in charge of software development and builds core functionalities of the product.
Subscribe on iTunes by clicking below!
TRICIA WHITLOCK: Tricia is the Editor of Hypepotamus, THE publication for Atlanta’s thriving startup scene. She grew up in Atlanta, is a two time Georgia State grad, and ran her own small business during her college years. Now she writes about the movers and shakers in our local tech ecosystem. You can check her out on the Atlanta Tech Edge on Sundays and hustling around Midtown every day of the week. EMAIL TRISH
TODD SCHNICK: With over twenty years in business, media, and politics, Todd has plenty of battle scars. With an early career as a national political operative, then starting six companies, to hosting thousands of interviews on the radio, Todd’s work as a business and media strategist comes with a unique collection of experiences in the trenches. A distance runner, writer, and speaker, Todd lives with his family in Brookhaven, Georgia. EMAIL TODD.
theINCUBATOR is made possible by:
And in partnership between:
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.