Today, we welcome Brett Dahlin to the Incubator! Brett is the Founder + President of GoFundVeterans.com: Crowdfunding for veterans.
Notes and today’s discussion guide on today’s show: Crowdfunding for veterans:
1. Brett observed that veterans don’t have the support that they need to achieve their goals for their life and business.
2. GoFundVeterans is a crowdfunding platform for veterans for business ideas, personal needs, as well as medical needs.
3. How and why they verify each project, to ensure that the money that is raised is legit. This builds confidence in the platform!
4. “Criminal the hundreds of thousands of veterans passed with getting the appropriate medical care.”
5. In addition to providing the project platform, GoFundVeterans also provides some coaching to help flesh out and promote the message for all the projects.
6. “Key to success is to engage and update your audience.”
7. We discuss the specific community that is inspired by and supports veterans.
8. 92% of the funds they raise go DIRECT to the veterans and their families!
9. We discuss growth and team development plans, as well as how they will incorporate volunteers into the program. And most pressing staffing needs…
10. Bootstrapping currently, but will be looking for funders who can make a significant difference. Especially those who want to support and help veterans.
11. Who is eligible to participate and launch a campaign on GoFundVeterans?
About your Co-Hosts:
ASHLEY STAGGS: Ashley is the Director of Marketing at FinTech startup Wela. Passionate about introducing consumers to life-enhancing products, has nearly ten years of managing marketing departments for startups and growth-phase businesses. During football season you can find Ashley sporting blue and orange and cheering on her Florida Gators. Outside of football season Ashley is touring Atlanta brunch spots in search of the perfect French toast or taking her chiweenie Roxie to the dog park. EMAIL ASHLEY.
TODD SCHNICK: With over twenty years in business, media, and politics, Todd has plenty of battle scars. With an early career as a national political operative, then starting six companies, to hosting thousands of interviews on the radio, Todd’s work as a business and media strategist comes with a unique collection of experiences in the trenches. A distance runner, writer, and speaker, Todd lives with his family in Brookhaven, Georgia. EMAIL TODD.