A total joy to connect with Faraz Zubairi, the Founder + CEO of both ExamMed and Treehouse Holdings! Faraz joined me in studio to talk about healthcare tech, HIMSS, and the status of the Atlanta startup scene. You’ll enjoy, and learn, from this conversation.
You can learn about ExamMed here. And you can get information on Tree House Holding here.
1. “Find a complex problem, create a simple solution.”
2. “Success is defined by making meaning…”
3. Human capital vs. financial capital.
4. “A new idea has to be disruptive…”
5. “The goal of HIT should be to empower…”
6. Fee-for-service to Fee-for-value?
7. With regards to healthcare, speed and effectiveness matter…
8. “This is about creating win-wins for ALL stakeholders…”
9. With technology, you can either invest in it, or expend it…
10. Shifting our conversation to the Atlanta tech scene: why here?
11. How can Atlanta’s very establish, thriving, traditional Fortune 100 business scene do more to support Atlanta’s thriving tech startup scene?
12. Innovation and agility matter…
13. Don’t focus on the end game…focus on making meaning.
14. Why is the Atlanta Health IT tech startup scene thriving here?
15. And how does the established traditional health care industry here in Atlanta support the thriving Health IT startup scene?
16. Status of raising capital in the Atlanta startup market?
Faraz Zubairi presently serves as the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Treehouse Holdings, a firm that fosters growth and value by partnering with innovative entrepreneurs and management teams to build pioneering companies that bring game-changing technologies, products, and services to market to the global marketplace.
Treehouse most recently launched ExamMed, which is a universal healthcare technology platform that offers providers and institutions with an ideal patient centered complete model of care, both virtual and in-office. ExamMed has received national notoriety over the last year and MedPeds, one its users in Maryland was the recipient of the prestigious 2014 HIMSS Davies Award for National Practice of the Year for in part, its use of ExamMed.
Until the end of 2013, Mr. Zubairi also served as a senior executive and member of the Board of Directors at Liquid Litigation Management (LLM), a multi-million dollar company he helped start over a decade ago. LLM is the go-to resource for many Fortune 500 companies and law firms throughout the United States. Mr. Zubairi was responsible for program management, client and business development, working to match clients with LLM’s state-of-the art proprietary products and features that best meet their legal needs. During his tenure at LLM, he presented at many regional and national conferences on a broad spectrum of legal topics. Mr. Zubairi is presently one the largest private shareholders in LLM and still serves on the Board of Directors.
Mr. Zubairi received a degree in Government & Politics from the University of Maryland, College Park, and also extensively studied Physiology & Neurobiology. He began his professional life as a Special Assistant to Congressman Ed Towns (10-NY) where he focused on health and foreign policy.
Mr. Zubairi’s legal experience originates from providing many years of case management services for Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP (BSF), one of the top law firms in the United States. At BSF, Mr. Zubairi managed highly publicized multimillion-dollar state and federal cases, as well as international and domestic arbitrations.
While Mr. Zubairi values his professional success, his passion is to give back to the community. With his drive to take an idea, cultivate it, and implement it, Faraz Zubairi co-founded and is president of Give A Lift Foundation (GALF), a non-profit organization with the mission to sponsor families out of poverty. GALF seeks to elevate the lives of others by providing structured support for families living below the poverty line with education, food, shelter and healthcare solutions. Mr. Zubairi’s aim is to lead GALF to deliver innovative solutions that will leverage the diverse skills of its members to create a forward thinking approach and impact positive change on local, national and global levels.
Mr. Zubairi has and presently serves on numerous corporate and non-profit boards and is actively involved in many other organizations. He speaks regularly at the Goizueta Business School, Emory University and at the University of Maryland on Entrepreneurship and Social Responsibility. In 2011, Mr. Zubairi delivered the Keynote Address at the University of Maryland, College of Behavioral and Social Sciences, Department of Government & Politics Commencement. Mr. Zubairi actively mentors young professionals and students and encourages them to simply follow their passions, and to make meaning, while cultivating a desire to give back to the community.