Joined in theINCUBATOR today by Anna Ruth Williams, the Founder + CEO of AR|PR, results-driven and award-winning public relations and integrated communications agency for technology leaders and innovative startups.
1. AR|PR has won many awards. We discuss what sets them apart from the traditional PR agency.
2. “PR is broken today.” We discuss why… “PR is ripe for disruption…”
3. The integrated approach to PR… Good messaging and content; then distribution through digital channels; which drives media coverage; resulting in industry leadership; which leads to sales, lead gen, and capital raise. Then, the cycle starts again…
4. The best way for a startup to focus on messaging and storytelling… [Hint: avoid jargon…] Be authentic…
5. Don’t just talk about your company. Talk about how you benefit the end user.
7. Identifying rightfit reporters…
8. How to properly pitch a reporter, a few tips… Treat a reporter like a friend…
9. Bootstrapping PR, where do you draw that line in hiring a professional PR agency?
10. What questions to ask a potential PR rep to ensure a good and proper fit?
11. How does PR strategy change through the difference stages of business growth (from early stage to enterprise)?
12. Anna shares her thoughts on the state of the Atlanta tech scene, and what we can expect over the next 12 to 18 months…
About Anna Ruth Williams:
Anna Ruth founded AR|PR in 2012, having previously managed communications for national and international B2B and B2C accounts as well as high-profile political figures. Under her leadership, AR|PR quickly rose to become the Southeast’s fastest growing technology PR firm, and was recently named Small Agency of the Year by a panel of national journalists. The agency’s fast success earned Anna Ruth the title of 2015 Early Stage Entrepreneur of the Year by the Metro Atlanta Chamber and Atlanta Business Chronicle.
Anna Ruth and her team have a proven record of executing strategic online marketing campaigns and securing media coverage in some of the nation’s biggest outlets, such as CNN, Fast Company, Forbes, Mashable, TechCrunch and Wall Street Journal. In fact, the firm’s breakthrough client results have received recognition from PRWeek, PRDaily, PRSA Georgia, PRSA New Orleans, the Technology Association of Georgia, and more. When she’s not pitching journalists, she loves leading media trainings for clients and representing them at industry tradeshows, such as CES, IRCE and HIMSS.
About your Co-Hosts:
TRICIA WHITLOCK: Tricia is the Editor of Hypepotamus, THE publication for Atlanta’s thriving startup scene. She grew up in Atlanta, is a two time Georgia State grad, and ran her own small business during her college years. Now she writes about the movers and shakers in our local tech ecosystem. You can check her out on the Atlanta Tech Edge on Sundays and hustling around Midtown every day of the week. EMAIL TRISH
TODD SCHNICK: With over twenty years in business, media, and politics, Todd has plenty of battle scars. With an early career as a national political operative, then starting six companies, to hosting thousands of interviews on the radio, Todd’s work as a business and media strategist comes with a unique collection of experiences in the trenches. A distance runner, writer, and speaker, Todd lives with his family in Brookhaven, Georgia. EMAIL TODD.