Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Joined in theIncubator today by Aditya Somani Co-Founder of Ample Biometrics, headquartered in Atlanta, GA. Ample Biometrics is the first plug-and-play, multiple application vein scanner designed from the ground up. Veins offer an added level of security and convenience over fingerprints and other biometrics. Ample seamlessly integrates with any imaginable application.
1. “Ample is a company that wants to identify people….” The new way to look at ID and security…
2. Making identification simple…
3. Vein scanning, used by the CIA even today, how can that change things today? And how we’ve made that affordable by the masses…..
4. How does actual vein scanning technology work? How is this different than finger-print scanning on my smart phone? The first plug-in-play scanner of this type on the market…
5. What are some of the applications here? Such as, time attendance monitoring and access control…
6. “Biometrics is the future…Minimizing the security attack points…”
7. Passwords first, then payments… But this is designed FOR THE CONSUMER first…
8. The future ease with which this can be integrated into “holding your hand over your trackpad…and it just works…”
9. How does this technology become so “powerful yet insignificant?” …”Integrated into almost anything???”
10. How are you leveraging what’s happening with payments and healthcare tech here in Atlanta to grow the business? As well as partnering with a large Fortune 500 company bases here in Atlanta?
11. Time for the Wela Question of the Day!
12. Learn more about Ample Biometrics by clicking here!
About Aditya Somani:
Born and raised in Delhi, India, Aditya has a strange love for figuring out how things work and you’ll occasionally find him breaking apart stuff. On the professional front, he enjoys working with FPGAs and designing and prototyping forthcoming hardware systems for alternate applications. He also deeply enjoys designing and programming low level HW/SW systems. These systems are typically based on embedded hardware and run a varied variety of applications.
Subscribe on iTunes by clicking below!
TRICIA WHITLOCK: Tricia is the Editor of Hypepotamus, THE publication for Atlanta’s thriving startup scene. She grew up in Atlanta, is a two time Georgia State grad, and ran her own small business during her college years. Now she writes about the movers and shakers in our local tech ecosystem. You can check her out on the Atlanta Tech Edge on Sundays and hustling around Midtown every day of the week. EMAIL TRISH
TODD SCHNICK: With over twenty years in business, media, and politics, Todd has plenty of battle scars. With an early career as a national political operative, then starting six companies, to hosting thousands of interviews on the radio, Todd’s work as a business and media strategist comes with a unique collection of experiences in the trenches. A distance runner, writer, and speaker, Todd lives with his family in Brookhaven, Georgia. EMAIL TODD.