OUR GUEST Lesa Scott, Vice President of Resident Services and Program Development for Spring Hills Senior Communities, joined the show to discuss Using Technology and a Holistic Approach for Alzheimer’s Patients.
Specifically, we discuss the following with Lesa on this episode:
- (3:18) I understand that you start with something called The Discovery Process, will you please describe that process and it’s benefits to the Seniors that you care for? –
- (4:32) Do you focus solely on Alzheimer’s patients?
- (5:17) What are some of the latest Techniques in Memory Care?
- (7:58) What are some of the technologies that you are using and what benefits do those technologies bring to patients?
- (10:38) Are you using any Technologies that help create better Family Engagement
- (11:46) The videos on your website mention a Holistic Approach to Senior Care, will you describe what that means to those that you care for?
- (13:08) What advice do you have for someone that is just starting to investigate a place like Spring Hills for one of their loved ones?
About Lesa Scott
Lesa Scott started her career in Health Care as Financial Investigator for St. Mary’s Hospital in Brooklyn NY. She went on to obtain an Associate Degree in Applied Science in Nursing, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Community Health and Human Services. She is licensed to practice nursing in 3 states, New York, Virginia and New Jersey. She continued to advance in her career as Clinical Nurse Manager Medical Surgical Unit 1994, Nurse Manager Geriatric unit from 1995 thru 1997 and Administrative Supervisor covering areas of Medical surgical, Oncology, Emergency, ICC, CCU, Pediatrics, and OB GYN at St. Mary Hospital. After relocating to New Jersey in 200l Lesa went on to become the Administrative Supervisor at Somerset Medical Center a three hundred + bed teaching facility. Lesa started her career in Assisted living 2002 as the Director of Resident care at Summerville Senior living, assisting them in achieving a Perfect State Surveys in 2002 and 2003. Lesa moved on to The Manor at Somerset North as The Director of Resident Care before it was purchased by Alexander Markowits where she remained, also achieving Perfect State Survey in 2005. Lesa was promoted to her current position overseeing Compliance & Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives for Spring Hill Communities. Lesa obtained her Certified Assisted Living Administrator certification in 2006.
About Spring Hills Senior Communities (from http://www.spring-hills.com/about_us)
At Spring Hills Assisted Living Communities, our dedication to providing distinctive, innovative senior housing began in 1999, with the transformation of a skilled nursing facility in Morristown, New Jersey into an assisted living community that better met the needs of the local community. Today, by providing expansive services, imaginative programs and spacious, and tasteful assisted living housing, Spring Hills leads the way in meeting the changing needs of senior adults. The mission of Spring Hills is to demonstrate “Caring with a Commitment to Quality,” by aspiring to the highest professional standards, while providing care and services in a nourishing, compassionate environment that supports the health and well-being of each of our residents. Our ongoing concern for the needs of our communities, along with a dedication to the highest personal and professional standards will inspire us to exceed the expectations of the people we serve, which include our residents and our fellow associates.
We encourage you to see how intrepidNow Healthcare collaborated with JVION to broadcast #PredictWhatMatters from HIMSS ’16. you can listen in to many great interviews of various executive Predictive Analytics stakeholders here.