TransUnion Teams to Reduce Medical Debt
TODAYS GUEST Dave Wojczynski, Director and CEO, TransUnion Healthcare
Dave joined us to discuss how TransUnion Teams to Reduce Medical Debt with RIP Medical Debt. Specifically, we discussed the following with Dave:
- (3:15) TransUnion recently noted that medical debt is the number one cause of bankruptcy in the U.S. Will you tell us about what you are seeing in terms of the increase in medical debt?
- (4:56) How will TransUnion’s solution help RIP evaluate the portfolios of debt they own and how will it help them locate new medical debt?
- (7:02) How will credit data be used to identify those who truly need help with medical debt?
- (7:52) What should healthcare professionals/hospitals be doing to help alleviate this massive problem?
- (9:21) Why aren’t more people scared as hell about where we are and where we are headed?
- (11:22) What would you like our listeners to remember about what TransUnion Healthcare is doing about this problem?
About Dave Wojczynski
Dave Wojczynski serves as president for TransUnion Healthcare and is responsible for the strategic direction of the healthcare business and expanding its footprint in the healthcare market overall. Prior to his role as president, Wojczynski previously held the title of Senior Vice President and COO at TransUnion Healthcare, leading the operations and service delivery teams since 2010. Wojczynski began his career as a military officer and helicopter pilot after earning his commission from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. After the military, Wojczynski worked for General Electric (NYSE : GE) where he became an expert Six Sigma professional earning his Black Belt and Master Black Belt certifications.
In 2006, Dave was recruited as the Chief Operating Officer of DAXKO where he held full P/L responsibility. Dave was able to transform the sales, marketing, and product management functions doubling the revenue in less than two years. Dave’s achievements over this period of time earned him a spot on Birmingham’s Top 40 under 40 list of executives. Dave holds a Master of Business Administration from Kellogg Business School at Northwestern University and a Bachelor of Science degree in General Management from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.