Time to Get Bullish on Interoperability via Consumer Directed Data Exchange
Ryan Howells, Principal at Leavitt Partners
Ryan joined us to discuss how Consumer Directed Data Exchange is the breakthrough that we have been waiting for to enable interoperability. Specifically, we discuss the following with Ryan:
- (3:00) Will you remind the audience what the CARIN Alliance is and what you are focused on?
- (6:11) What is the TEFCA and why does it matter?
- (8:36) What is the difference between user proofing and authentication and why are they both important?
- (10:45) I’ve been rather pessimistic on our show regarding interoperability. Do you feel that we should be bullish now on interoperability?
- (12:35) What should people visiting HIMSS 18 do this week to learn more about Consumer Directed Data Exchange?
Learn more about The Carin Alliance.
About Leavitt Partners
At Leavitt Partners, we understand the emerging role of value in health care and the significance of this development to the future of your organization. Our insights and tools in this vital arena can help you make smart decisions, successfully navigating from today’s uncertainty to tomorrow’s prosperity.
Upon transition from his post as secretary of Health & Human Services (HHS), Mike Leavitt put an idea into motion that he believed could bring clarity and value to a rapidly changing US health care system.
The idea was to create a health care intelligence gathering and filtering process modeled after what he observed used in the national intelligence service to advise presidential decision making. The result is something we like to call “health care tradecraft” and its application is bringing clarity and value to health care executives around the country.
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Experian Health to Help Providers with Consumerism at HFMA - June 4, 2018
- The Solution to Proper Medication Disposal - May 25, 2018
- Exploring Novel Psychoactive Substances - March 9, 2018