This series from The Gulf Coast HIMSS Chapters Fall 2014 Conference (#GC3HIMSS) is brought to you by our partner JVION. JVION is proud to support the efforts of many regional HIMSS including Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Georgia. Read more about Big Data Analytics in Health Care and JVION’s patient-level predictions. We are excited to be interviewing the presenters and sponsors for the conference on intrepid Healthcare!
Tim Miksch, Section Head, Applied Clinical Informatics Program at the Mayo Clinic joined us at #GC3HIMSS to talk about Clinical Informatics
We discuss the following with Tim on this episode:
- Mayo Clinic has been involved in Medical Informatics since around; Dr. Henry Plummer was the first person to develop what has become the modern medical record at Mayo.
- The internal culture of at Mayo and how that supports continuing to build Mayo’s great reputation.
- Half of Mayo’s clinic visits are primary and clinical care based; Mayo started an Office of Population Health Management to create a Mayo model of community care.
- What are the biggest challenges in Population Health Management?
- Mayo’s Dual Role as specialty care clinic and as a Health System.
- 2015 Goal – Creating a strategy for a single EMR.
- Blending clinical knowledge into applications that Mayo is building.
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Experian Health to Help Providers with Consumerism at HFMA - June 4, 2018
- The Solution to Proper Medication Disposal - May 25, 2018
- Exploring Novel Psychoactive Substances - March 9, 2018