Update: The Patient is the New Payer
TODAYS GUEST Jonathan Wiik, Principal, TransUnion Healthcare
Jonathan re-joined us to discuss what’s happened since our interview last year when he released his new, Healthcare Revolution: The Patient is the New Payer. Specifically, we discussed the following with Jonathan:
- (4:49) Jonathan, it’s been a year since you released your book, ‘Healthcare Revolution: The Patient is the New Payer’what has changed since we chatted last year?
- (6:44) Have providers made any significant progress in addressing this new reality?
- (11:28) You just came out with a new analysis that shows in fact that patient balances after insurance continue to increase in 2018, driving bad debt and uncompensated care – what are the challenges and risks here?
- (15:52) What are some ways that TransUnion Healthcare is helping providers to combat the revolution?
- (18:30) What can consumers do to cope?
- (22:11) What have I missed? What else is top of mind at TransUnion Healthcare that we have not yet discussed?
Click here for more information and to purchase the book.
About Jonathan Wiik
Jonathan Wiik has over 20 years’ experience in healthcare, and he has worked in both the acute care and insurance setting. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine and holds two Master’s Degrees – one in Healthcare Administration, and one in Business Jonathan actively serves on the Colorado HFMA Board and is President of the Board of Directors at an Assisted Living facility in Boulder, CO.
Mr. Wiik has spoken at several national and state events and has developed several nationally-recognized programs in Point-of-Service (POS) Collections, financial clearance, and sharing best practices in hospital operations. Jonathan currently serves as a Principal at TransUnion, in the Healthcare Solutions Division.
Jonathan enjoys spending time with his family in Colorado, has a wonderful wife and two very energetic red-headed boys. He enjoys doing anything in outdoors and is a certified whitewater rafting guide instructor. He also enjoys traveling and has visited several continents – Including a 6-month stay in Antarctica and the South Pole.
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- The Latest in DUI and DUID Toxicology - August 10, 2018
- Update: The Patient is the New Payer - July 30, 2018
- How Ostendio is Helping Providers to Combat Cybercrime - July 11, 2018