The Opioid Crisis: Government Response
Bob Bianchi, President and Chief of Scientific and Technical Affairs at The Prescription Drug Research Center
Bob joined us to discuss our government response to the Opioid Crisis (which was just formally declared as a public health emergency by President Trump). Specifically, we discuss the following with Bob:
- (3:32) We don’t have to look far into the current news to find that the opioid epidemic has reached a critical mass in the U.S., will you start by sharing some of the factors that have contributed to this growing problem?
- (7:48) Why do you think prescription drug abuse is such a rapidly growing problem?
- (9:36) Do you think we are doing enough to ensure the appropriate use of prescription drugs with high abuse potential?
- (12:24) How has the Federal government responded to this growing epidemic?
- (19:38) Will you talk a bit more about this FDA Action Plan?
- (23:47) What can and should the government be doing next to combat the opioid crisis?
We also interviewed Bob on industry response to the crisis and will publish that interview very soon! Many thanks to the folks at NMS Labs that made these interviews possible! Visit NMS Labs on the Web and connect with them on Twitter and LinkedIn!