TODAYS GUEST Dr. Michael Fratkin, Founder and CEO of ResolutionCare
Dr. Fratkin joined us to discuss how his practice has incorporated telemedicine to deliver better and more accessible palliative care. Specifically we discuss the following with Dr. Fratkin:
- Let’s start by having you reinforce the importance of compassion in end of life care.
- I understand that ResolutionCare has developed a new approach to treating the whole patient, will you please describe it and why it is so important.
- Tells us about the state of palliative care services in the United States.
- We are hearing a lot about value based reimbursement models in healthcare. Will these also be important to the palliative care market space? (and why we HAVE to transition to them)
- ResolutionCare and Project ECHO. A new model for education in palliative care. And hopefully a way to help address the shortage.
- Is telemedicine really working in your practice? What about reimbursement?
“We are responding to exploding demand for severely limited Palliative Care services as people face mortality within a fragmented and transforming health care system. ResolutionCare is a social enterprise that empowers Primary Care Providers and Patients with the confidence and skills to manage symptoms, guide shared choice making, and anchor care coordination in the Primary Care practice.” (from http://resolutioncare.com/)