This “#TalkHITwithCTG” series is brought to you by our partner CTG Health Solutions (CTGHS) and the episodes were broadcast live in CTGHS’s booth at the The HIMSS15 Annual Conference and Exhibition. The interviews were recorded and will be published on a regular basis on intrepidNow Healthcare. Bookmark this page to follow along with Patient Advocates, CIOs, CEOs and other thought leaders from health systems across the country. Also, read more about why CTGHS is the trusted advisor to over 600 health systems and providers.
Mark Hetz, CIO, Asante Health System
Find out more about Asante Health System!
Mark joined us to share how Asante Health System is progressing on key initiatives like ICD-10 and MU, where they are having challenges and where they are experiencing “wins”. Mark has led Asante’s IT for an unprecedented 21 years and is a big part of why #HealthIT is so progressive in Southern Oregon.
We discuss the following with Mark on this episode:
- How would you describe your pursuit of Meaningful Use? What would you do differently now that you have several years experience pursuing MU?
- What is your take on ICD-10? Will it happen this year? Are you ready?
- #BigData was the huge buzzword at HIMSS’14 and #PredictiveAnalytics seems to be the buzzword for this year. Do you have any current initiatives in either area?
- This also seems to be the year to have a real conversation about Population Health? Do you have any current plans or projects in this area?
- We hear almost every week about a data breach in Healthcare. Is it possible for you to sleep at night when you think about the security/privacy of your data?
- We want to give you a chance to brag a little on your team back home. Can you tell us about a successful project that you completed this year and what you learned from it?
- What do you hope to accomplish at HIMSS’15?
- What are your most important initiatives in 2015?
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- The Latest in DUI and DUID Toxicology - August 10, 2018
- Update: The Patient is the New Payer - July 30, 2018
- How Ostendio is Helping Providers to Combat Cybercrime - July 11, 2018