OUR GUEST Jackie Barrett-Poindexter, Chief Career Writer and Master Resume Writer at Career Trend , joined the show to talk to us about the current trends in resumes and shares her insights on the latest on Telling Your Career Story.
Specifically, we discuss the following with Jackie on this episode:
- (4:40) What are some current resume trends?
- (5:53) Why should resumes be story-rich?
- (7:28) What are the most common mistakes most careerists make when building their career story?
- (8:23) Should a person have different resumes for each job that they apply for?
- (10:00) What rules should you break when writing your resume?
- (11:38) What rules should you follow when building your resume?
- (13:57) Why the isn’t the resume about you?
- (15:21) My favorite question to ask is please brag on yourself for a minute, could you tell us a story or two where your efforts really helped a client or two get their dream job?
- (16:27) What is the most important thing that you would like listeners to know about working with you on their resume?
About Jacqui Barrett-Poindexter
I am one of only 50 master resume writers and have crafted more than 1,500 career stories that drive game-changing results. My bachelor’s degree in writing/journalism allows me to apply a journalist’s eye to your career.
For 18 years, I have collaborated with executives whose stories have run adrift or aground. An intuitive listener, I reveal your stories using a proprietary Q&A approach: in-depth, tailored worksheet + phone interview fuel the writing strategy. I meld facts gathering with a unique sensitivity to your nuances and then imbue each line of your story.
A client recently shared, “Strong beauty, amazing grace – those are the overwhelming feelings that I discovered reading through your work.”
In addition to being interviewed for television and radio stories, I write for major media and am a Career and Workplace Expert blogging at Glassdoor. You can also find me blogging or quoted in U.S. News & World Report, Fast Company, Forbes, Lifehacker, FOX Business, The Wall Street Journal and more. I am on many Top Career Blogs lists and multiple Best People to Follow on Twitter lists for job seekers. (from http://careertrend.net/about)
#ExecutiveResume #ResumeWriter #Resume #ResumeStrategy #CareerAdvice #CareerStrategy #CareerStory #Storytelling #MasterResumeWriter
Telling Your Career Story
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- How Ostendio is Helping Providers to Combat Cybercrime - July 11, 2018
- Experian Health to Help Providers with Consumerism at HFMA - June 4, 2018
- The Solution to Proper Medication Disposal - May 25, 2018