TODAYS GUEST Chris Long, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for AxisPoint Health
Chris is an old friend and new to AxisPoint. He recently joined us to discuss the AxisPoint Health’s continued progress as a Coordinated Care Management Leader after their divestiture last year from McKesson.
Specifically we discuss the following with Chris:
- (3:44) Chris, what is in that drew you to AxisPoint Health?
- (5:03) What do you hope to accomplish is your first 6 months at AxisPoint?
- (5:48) Let’s talk about the current state of care management. What are the biggest pain points and where are the greatest opportunities to effect change?
- (7:06) What are some of the operational challenges that are common in the care management industry? How is AxisPoint Health overcoming those challenges?
- (9:12) What can you tell us about how the new code, 99490, approved my CMS last year, has impacted care management?
- (12:17) What are some of the offerings coming down the pipeline for AxisPoint Health and how do they fit into this care management landscape?
Listen to our previous interviews with AxisPoint Executives:
- Otto Campo, July 2015 https://intrepidnow.com/healthcare/axispoint-health-positions-to-lead-care-management-space/
- Dr. Ron Geraty, October 2015 https://intrepidnow.com/healthcare/chronic-care-management-with-axispoint-health/
- Mike Myers, March 2016 https://intrepidnow.com/healthcare/coordinate-care-management/
About AxisPoint Health
“AxisPoint Health, formerly a McKesson company, is a health care management company focused on proactively managing health, reducing barriers, and improving outcomes. Headquartered in Westminster, Colorado, AxisPoint Health is a pioneer in developing and deploying clinically engineered population health management solutions that incorporate analytics and state of the art clinical knowledge. AxisPoint Health simplifies complex care through service and product offerings such as chronic care management programs, care management workflow software, and algorithm-based nurse advice solutions..” (from http://www.axispointhealth.com/ )