TODAYS GUESTS Glenn Prives and Cecylia Hahn, Attorneys with McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
Glenn and Cecylia joined us to discuss legal issues in telemedicine that are confronted by healthcare providers. Specifically, we discuss the following with Glenn and Cecylia:
- (1:49) How did you get involved with telemedicine?
- (2:26) What are the legal obstacles to more expansive use of telemedicine?
- (4:45) How have state laws and medical boards recently evolved their thinking on telemedicine?
- (9:03) Will you give us a summary on recent state laws regarding telemedicine coverage by commercial insurers?
- (11:30) How has the federal government recently tried to push the use of telemedicine?
- (13:08) What’s next for Telemedicine? What do you think that we expect as we head into 2016?
Visit McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP on the web and follow them on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIN!
About McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP (“MDM&C”) is a diverse practice with lawyers who place the client first. MDM&C has approximately 300 lawyers in twelve offices in seven states, and offers a full range of legal services, including municipal and local government, litigation, labor and employment, healthcare, bankruptcy/restructuring, real estate, insurance, environmental, fidelity and surety, construction, corporate transactions, white collar crime and corporate compliance. MDM&C’s philosophy provides clients with the critical edge they need to achieve their legal and business objectives. Clients who seek the assistance of MDM&C will discover lawyers dedicated to providing superior service and personal attention to clients’ needs. The Firm has developed a national reputation and regional expertise without abandoning the focus on efficiency and client satisfaction that is oftentimes the hallmark of the best small firms. (from http://www.mdmc-law.com/index.cfm/about/profile/)