TODAYS GUEST David Prokop, Founder at TruMedicines
David joined us to discuss improving Medication Safety. Specifically we discuss the following with David:
- Is prescription compliance really a problem in the United States?
- What impact do counterfeit drugs have on countries like India?
- How did you come up with the idea for TruMedicines?
- What impact can the big data predictions made from TruMedicines data impact public health?
- Who are your customers? How do you go to market?
- What can we expect from TruMedicines in the next 6 months?
Founded in 2013 by an International team of computer scientists and pharmaceutical scientists from Seattle, WA, Waterloo, Canada, Washington, D.C., Dar es Salam, Tanzania, Nairobi, Kenya and Kothur, India. TruMedicines technology is a pioneer in the cross science field of pharmaceuticals and computer big data. We have patented technology which will alllow authentication of individual tablets to verify the quality of a drug unit. The TruMedicines system is secure and accurate to provide unpresented levels of drug security never before thought possible.
- TruMedicines smartphone application photo scans a pill and sends an image to our secure database. If a match is found we authenticate the drug tablet and return a verification photo to show the tablet is genuine, safe and effective.
- TruMedicines can track drugs at the Lot level and the individual tablet level, surpassing the requirements of the FDA 2013 Drug Supply Chain Security Act.