TODAYS GUEST Dr. Richard Bakalar, Managing Director of Advisory Healthcare Solutions for KPMG
Dr. Bakalar joined us to discuss how telemedicine is evolving and how KPMG is providing Telemedicine Advisory Services. Specifically, we discuss the following with Dr. Bakalar:
- (3:20) How has telemedicine evolved over the last decade?
- (4:13) How is the Role of Telemedicine and Telehealth evolving related to the Healthcare Payment Reform?
- (5:41) What is the difference between Telemedicine Projects versus Programs for health systems?
- (6:45) Telemedicine, why is now the time?
- (9:57) What is the role of Data Analytics for Telemedicine Programs?
- (11:47) What’s next for telemedicine? What does the next 6-12 months look like?
- (15:51) In 5 years, what does the maturation of telemedicine look like?
With deep industry experience, insight and technical support, KPMG firms are among the leaders in delivering a broad range of audit, tax and advisory services to meet the unique needs of healthcare policy-makers, providers and payers. Every day our people do extraordinary things, they go above and beyond to ensure the work they do at KPMG inspires confidence and empowers change.
Successfully helping clients meet their business challenges requires having in-depth knowledge and experience in the business sectors in which they operate. KPMG member firms bring together expertise in key segments across healthcare — enabling our professionals to bring an informed perspective on market challenges and opportunities from one sector to another and to share best practices and leading thinking.
KPMG’s Global Healthcare practice and Center of Excellence are making a difference for organizations seeking innovative approaches. Clients are able to get a broader perspective on their current issues, which can lead to more creative and effective solutions. The combination of our global mindset and expertise with local prowess means clients get the best of both worlds – global insight translated into practical action (from https://home.kpmg.com/xx/en/home/industries/healthcare.html)
About Dr. Richard Bakalar