OUR GUEST Christine Parent, Associate Vice President of Marketing for MEDITECH, joined us to talk to us about helping physicians with Improving Patient Experience, Interoperability and Clinical Sophistication and much more!
Specifically, we discuss the following with Christine on this episode:
- (4:30) What market do you serve? Who are your customers?
- (6:29) What are you doing to help Physicians improve Productivity?
- (9:26) What are you doing to improve the Patient Experience?
- (11:16) What can you tell us about your new version 6.1?
- (13:17) We regularly talk about the need for improved Interoperability on this show, what can you tell us about your approach to interoperability?
- (16:19) Now that everyone most has an EHR, focus has moved to using EHR data for Population Health, what are you doing in that regard?
- (19:17) Is the industry as a whole moving in the right direction on Population Health?
- (21:13) What are your plans for HIMSS?
- (23:28) How are your solutions facilitating improved Clinical Sophistication?
The healthcare technology industry is overdue for disruption and innovation. That’s why we’ve redefined what an EHR can do for your patients and your productivity. We’ve released the first fully web-based mobile EHR. And there’s nothing like it. Our unique mission is to enable customers to provide higher quality care, with greater efficiency, to more people, at a lower cost. We look forward to partnering with you to achieve this mission—and yours. The forces driving us today are:
- Physician Productivity. It’s no longer acceptable for your EHR to maintain previous levels of productivity. Technology must make you more productive.
- The Patient Experience. By providing universal access to the complete patient story across the continuum, we are solving many of the challenges related to care transitions. One Patient, One Record, One Bill, One Portal.
- Interoperability. We join with healthcare vendors and leaders to build a clinically-integrated network with accurate, real time data that helps you deliver the highest quality of patient care.
- Healthcare Sustainability. Our clinically sophisticated EHR is offered at a cost well below the industry average. Beyond price, we offer value—an EHR that empowers healthcare providers to deliver what’s valuable to patients.
Working ahead of the curve is part of our identity. For 46 years, we’ve been driven by the Technological Imperative of our Founder and Chairman, A. Neil Pappalardo: We must continue re-developing our products. We must continue to anticipate the needs of our customers by adding appropriate functionality. We must strive to make the human interface easier to comprehend and use.
We’re applying these guiding principles to a very different industry today. Our shared, mobile, patient-centered Web EHR was designed by physicians and clinicians to exceed Usability expectations. Our clinically sophisticated solutions support evidence-based, informed decision making across the continuum. You get the data you need, automatically pushed forward to you on a single, easy-to-use, personalized screen.
You deserve an EHR vendor that earns your trust by demonstrating a relentless, and authentic, commitment to its customers and the industry they serve. (From https://ehr.meditech.com/about-meditech/about-meditech)
Christine Parent’s well-rounded and smart approach to problem solving has long guided MEDITECH toward stronger relationships across the care continuum. Today, she brings her rich EHR knowledge to the role of associate vice president of marketing—spreading the word on how MEDITECH is reimagining healthcare and redefining productivity through our company branding, online presence, public relations, and customer events, as well as developing and executing MEDITECH’s “go-to-market” strategy. Ms. Parent has held numerous leadership positions in Development, Implementation, and Client Services. Most recently, she was responsible for MEDITECH’s Atlanta-based Home Care Implementation/Service group, where she worked to bridge the home care and acute care environments through improved communication, seamless support, and expanded integration efforts. She also led our Strategic Customer Optimization and Training Program, and oversaw 5.x Service HCIS coordinators.
Prior to joining MEDITECH, Ms. Parent earned an MBA in management information systems from Bentley University, and a bachelor’s degree in marketing and statistics from Syracuse University.
#CommunityHC, #HITsm, #EHR, Physician Productivity, Patient Experience, Interoperability, Clinical Sophistication, Healthcare Sophistication
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Experian Health to Help Providers with Consumerism at HFMA - June 4, 2018
- The Solution to Proper Medication Disposal - May 25, 2018
- Exploring Novel Psychoactive Substances - March 9, 2018