Implementing Telemedicine for Family Medicine
TODAYS GUEST Dr. Nicole Swiner, Family Medicine Physician at Durham Family Medicine
Dr. Swiner joined us to discuss her success in Implementing Telemedicine for Family Medicine in her practice. Specifically, we discussed the following with Dr. Swiner:
- (2:50) Why did you first decide to incorporate telemedicine into your practice?
- (9:14) What are some technical roadblocks to integrating telemedicine into practice?
- (11:26) What are some clinical to integrating telemedicine into practice?
- (15:58) What are some legal points to be aware of when practicing telemedicine?
- (16:33) What advice would you give patients regarding telemedicine?
About Dr. Nicole Swiner
Voted 1 of 10 Best Doctors in NC in 2017, Dr. Swiner is a family physician, 2-time best-selling author, owner of Swiner Publishing Company, blogger, speaker, wife and mother in Durham. She is also affectionately known as the Superwoman Complex expert and has written 2 books on the topic. She loves taking care of the family as a whole—from the cradle to the grave. Her interests include Minority Health, Women’s Health and Pediatrics. She attended Duke University and went to medical school at the Medical University of South Carolina, in Charleston, SC. She’s lived in the Triangle since finishing residency at UNC-Chapel Hill and continues teaching as an Adjunct Associate Professor with the Family Medicine department. When she’s not treating patients at Durham Family Medicine, she’s speaking locally and nationally, blogging, teaching others to self-publish and spending time with her family. Her passion is making medicine “plain” to her patients, so that all people, from all walks of life, can understand how to take better care of themselves and their families. She often blogs, guest blogs and speaks locally and nationally on these and other topics. She is also available as an influencer and brand ambassador, as she’s previously represented SheBuysCars, Hyundai, prAna clothing, DurhamKnows HIV awareness and BJB Designs on social media.
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- 2018 Top 10 - January 10, 2019
- Implementing Telemedicine for Chronic Care Management - December 14, 2018
- Implementing Telemedicine for Family Medicine - December 13, 2018