The roundtable: Discussing and debating the key challenges and opportunities from diverse perspectives (those advising the industry) on replacing the ICD-9 code sets used to report medical diagnoses and inpatient procedures with the ICD-10 codes.
Today’s discussion guide:
1. Do you feel the industry was going to be ready for ICD-10 on Oct 1?
2. What is your organization doing in reaction to the delay?
3. How should different stakeholders react to the delay? What should they be doing?
4. What are some opportunities available because of the delay?
5. What should be done to incent the procrastinators? How can they be incented to be ready next time?
6. How would you advise CMS to proceed?
7. What other advice do you have for those listening.