OUR GUEST Phil Stravers, Partner and Chief Marketing Officer at ICE Technologies, joined us to talk to us about their mission to help community healthcare entities navigate the pains of healthcare IT through not a one-size-fits all method, but through tailored services and projects that is right-sized for the smaller healthcare entity wanting to thrive via IT, and not just survive, in today’s healthcare landscape.
Specifically, we discuss the following ways ICE Technologies is Helping Small Healthcare Entities Thrive with Phil on this episode:
- (3:23) Will you give us an IT overview of the market you serve? What applications are they using? What are there biggest challenges?
- (4:35) Why are experts predicting 1/5 of US hospitals are seeking affiliations within the next 5 years?
- (7:01) What changes in healthcare everyone is facing and how leaders need to think for the future?
- (8:34) What is technology’s role in the topic of M&A?
- (14:57) What are your recommendations for evaluating effectiveness of IT before just assuming IT woes will be fixed with an affiliation?
- (20:15) What’s next for ICE Technologies? Is there anything new that customers can expect from you as we head into 2016?
- Blog: http://www.icetechnologies.com/blog
- Blog on this topic: Improving Community Hospital IT Through Affiliation: Cure-All Or Fantasy? http://www.icetechnologies.com/blog/improving-community-hospital-it-through-affiliation-cure-all-or-fantasy
- White paper: Measuring IT Effectiveness: Your Community Hospital’s First Step To Operational Excellence – http://bit.ly/1MdLQzv
About ICE Technologies
With limited resources and declining reimbursement, you need IT that helps remove patient care obstacles, identifies new market opportunities and reclaims healthier profit margins.
Every healthcare IT provider knows HIPAA. Any company can research healthcare best practices. Only ICE designs and implements strategies and managed services that meet your goals and benefit everybody in your community hospital, from clinicians to technicians, and the C-suite to the front desk. Whether we’re implementing software, creating better analytics and reporting or managing your data center, we’re constantly finding areas to add value and align technology with your financial and operational goals.
Said more simply: we get community healthcare IT right. (from http://www.icetechnologies.com/healthcare-it-approach)
“The combination of healthcare and IT is nothing but potential. I am completely convinced that success lies in balancing the right disciplines: People, Process and Technology. This is why healthcare IT is such a good fit for me. I love organizing teams toward a common goal and helping people create a more positive future. Most importantly, I love doing that in towns where people know each other. That’s why after 20 years doing this, I still have no problem getting in my pickup at 4 a.m. to drive out to a remote Nebraska town to talk to a group of people about how we make IT work better. It’s a passion for me.”
Phil Stravers has been an advocate for community healthcare since joining ICE in 1995. Prior to joining ICE, he started and oversaw a national help desk supporting technology systems for engineering and architectural design. Since acquiring ICE with Keith in 2003, Phil has guided the development of a services portfolio tailored specifically for community healthcare providers’ distinct IT needs. Phil was instrumental in the development of ICE’s focus on community healthcare. Phil routinely presents and educates through various healthcare associations, such as the Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS), Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) and National Rural Health Association (NRHA). Follow Phil on Twitter.
#CommunityHC, #HITDoneRight, Community healthcare
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- 2018 Top 10 - January 10, 2019
- Implementing Telemedicine for Chronic Care Management - December 14, 2018
- Implementing Telemedicine for Family Medicine - December 13, 2018