TODAYS GUEST Eugene Sayan, President and CEO of Softheon
Eugene joined us for the purpose of discussing how Softheon is enabling health plans to provide private exchanges to healthcare employers and consumers. Specifically we discuss the following with Eugene:
- (4:16) The idea of the ‘consumerization of healthcare’ and transparency into price and quality is a very hot topic right now. What are you seeing as some of the opportunities and challenges in the area of healthcare consumerization and transparency?
- (7:14) In what way do private exchanges offer employees a greater sense of ownership over their health insurance coverage?
- (8:56) Will you clarify the difference between a public and private healthcare exchange?
- (10:54) What are some of the key implementation and setup – or configuration – decisions that employers who are thinking about utilizing a private exchange must consider?
- (15:43) What are some of the primary implementation considerations and tasks that a health plan must perform when implementing a private exchange solution?
- (17:26) Eugene, we were introduced to Softheon through the Healthcare Executive Group. Will you please elaborate on the value that Softheon has found in sponsoring an organization like the HealthCare Executive Group? NOTE: Check out our interview with Ferris Taylor on HCEG!
- (19:28) What’s next for Softheon? What are you working on to further enhance the business of your customers?
About Softheon (from https://www.softheon.com/Site/about/company)
At Softheon we strive to create simple solutions to complex problems. Our innovative and easy-to-use products have revolutionized the way everyday people access health insurance. With over two decades of experience, we’ve designed five platforms to help our partners quickly adapt to industry standards, manage client data, and grow their membership, while never compromising the exceptional care they provide. In 2016, we successfully collaborated with health plans, brokers, employers, and governmental organizations in all 50 states to care for over 1.6M lives.
Softheon was born from necessity. We came to the rescue of companies, particularly in healthcare, that wanted to be more efficient. Most had an existing process to address their needs, but after that process was created, it was left to age out of usefulness, never to be updated again. That’s where we came in. We were able to provide an external review of these processes and find where they could be more efficient.
Then the Affordable Care Act came along and shook everything up, giving us a new space to thrive in. We took what we were already doing for companies and applied it to both this new space and the already existing healthcare marketplace. Now, we worked with our carriers so that they could continue to work as they have in the past, but also have access to the new customer base.
Eugene Sayan’s Bio
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Experian Health to Help Providers with Consumerism at HFMA - June 4, 2018
- The Solution to Proper Medication Disposal - May 25, 2018
- Exploring Novel Psychoactive Substances - March 9, 2018