Dr. Chuck Webster, President, EHR Workflow, Inc. EHR Workflow, Inc. (link)
We discuss the following with Chuck on this episode:
- What is the definition of workflow from the workflow guru?
- What is a workflow engine?
- How do workflow engines work with EHRs?
- How many EHRS really have significantly configurable workflow?
- Our listeners are interested in the role of standards with workflow? How do things like HL/7 and IHE play with workflow?
- What vendors are really good at workflow?
- Last year at HIMSS, #BigData was the star of the show; Will #BigWorkflow be the star of HIMSS15? What does Chuck have planned for HIMSS15?
ABOUT Dr. Chuck Webster
Chuck Webster, MD, MSIE, MSIS has degrees in Accountancy, Industrial Engineering, Intelligent Systems, and Medicine (from the University of Chicago). He’s the ex-CMIO for a three-time HIMSS Davies Award-winning pediatric EHR. Dr. Webster currently services as CMIMO (Chief Medical Informatics Marketing Officer) for workflow technology in healthcare. Chuck also created Mr. RIMP (@MrRIMP) (Robot-In-My-Pocket) a Bluetooth-controlled wearable robot for pediatricians and child life specialists to entertain children. Dr. Webster designed the first undergraduate program in medical informatics, was a software architect in a hospital MIS department, and is a judge for the annual Workflow Management Coalition Awards for Excellence in BPM and Workflow and Awards for Case Management. Chuck is a ceaseless evangelist for process-aware technologies in healthcare, including workflow management systems, Business Process Management, and dynamic and adaptive case management. Dr. Webster tweets from @wareFLO, @EncounterPRO, and @MrRIMP (though there is some debate about the last one).