- Dr, Chris Russell, Founder and Chief Medical Officer of NoteSwift
We discuss the following with Dr. Russell on this episode:
- We have talked quite a bit recently on our show about EHR workflow, will you start with sharing your perspective on the pros and cons of EHR systems?
- What do believe will be the future of the EHR ?
- We regularly hear from physicians about how technology has complicated their workflow, what is your perspective on simplifying medical practice workflow?
- What are the obstacles for technology and speech recognition technology in healthcare?
- What are the key benefits of a product like NoteSwift for HCPs?
You will definitely want to listen in as Dr. Russell provides many great “golden nuggets” from his experience as a physician and as founder on NoteSwift. Here’s a few to get you started:
- “Sometime physicians feel that the people in #HIT think that a doctor’s job is to enter data into the IT system” (versus to treat patients).
- “40% of physicians are burned out. The single biggest reason for physician burnout is the increased administrative overhead requirements of physicians.”
- “Our system (NoteSwift) has been proven to save physicians approximately 3o minutes per day in generating patient visit notes.”
- “The purpose of #MeaningfulUse was to get physicians on EHRs.. What #MU has become is telling physicians what to do with the EHRs.”