TODAYS GUEST Craig Thomas, Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer of GuideWell, and President of GuideWell Connect
Craig joined us to discuss how GuideWell is innovating to create a better consumer experience and also GuideWell’s plans for #AHIPInstitute, June 3-5 in Nashville.
Specifically, we asked Craig:
- Will you tell us a bit more about GuideWell as an organization, and the new business units that are part of your family of companies?
- With so many exhibitors at AHIP, why should attendees be sure to stop by Booth 847? What will they gain there?
- Who is the ideal client for GuideWell Connect when most health care companies already have internal marketing and sales capabilities?
- The GuideWell Innovation Center sounds unique from the other health company innovation activities I’m familiar with. Why is GuideWell making such a commitment here?
- Please share a bit about your presentation with Accenture – I understand you’ll address a new formula for a better consumer experience?
- What do you see as the biggest challenges our industry will face in the next 2-3 years?
You will want definitely want to listen in!
Don’t Miss GuideWell at #AHIPInstitute 2015 in Nashville, June 3-5
- Exhibitor: Booth 847
- Opening Keynote: Seizing Health Care’s Leadership Moment Wednesday, June 3 9:55 – 10:45 a.m. While millions of Americans have gained access to health coverage through the Affordable Care Act, our achievements are only matched by the challenges ahead. Health care costs in the U.S. are still among the highest in the world. Millions of Americans in rural, isolated parts of the country lack access to quality providers and hospitals. Our delivery system still rewards volume over value which presents one of the greatest threats to affordability. While the health reform law was a significant step forward in delivering on our county’s promise of high-value, quality health care for all Americans, we are not finished. As leaders on the frontlines of America’s health care transformation, all stakeholders are being challenged to work together to advance new partnerships, bold ideas, and innovative solutions towards improving our health care system. Speakers in this session will share their perspectives on the evolution of health care, the changing dimensions of innovation and competition, and offer insight on how we put the system on an affordable and sustainable path for the future. Speakers: Pat Geraghty Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, GuideWell Mutual Holding Corporation, Florida Blue and GuideWell Group, Inc., and Bernard J. Tyson Chairman and CEO, Kaiser Permanente
- Presentation: Patients are Consumers: Shaping Next-Generation Experiences Wednesday, June 3 4:00 – 5:15 p.m. Room 205B Coordinated care networks are vital to healthcare improvement strategies. By encouraging clinicians to collaborate with each other, coordinated care networks offer integrated, managed care that’s convenient to access. By enabling providers to collaborate with payers within various value-based models, coordinated care networks also help deliver high quality care more cost-effectively. But the success of coordinated care networks is not guaranteed unless they can achieve sustainable membership growth. As these networks proliferate, both payers and providers need a more detailed understanding of what encourages people to join them—and what keeps them loyal. Patients, after all, are also consumers. Learn more about a recent study on consumer needs and preferences within coordinated care models and one organization’s approach to delivering next-generation experiences. Speakers: Craig Thomas, Senior Vice President, Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer, GuideWell Health, and Jean-Pierre Stephan, Managing Director, Accenture Health Customer Relationship Management Practice
“GuideWell and its family of forward-thinking companies are focused on helping people and communities achieve better health and are at the forefront in the transformation of health care. The not-for- profit mutual holding company includes Florida Blue, GuideWell Connect, GuideWell Health and Diversified Service Options, Inc.” (from http://www.guidewell.com/who-we-are/)