This series from The Gulf Coast HIMSS Chapters Fall 2014 Conference (#GC3HIMSS) is brought to you by our partner JVION. JVION is proud to support the efforts of many regional HIMSS including Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Georgia. Read more about Big Data Analytics in Health Care and JVION’s patient-level predictions. We are excited to be interviewing the presenters and sponsors for the conference on intrepid Healthcare!
Cindy Munn, CEO, of the Louisiana Healthcare Quality Forum, joined us at #GC3HIMSS to talk about Big Data, HIEs and Patient Portals
We discuss the following with Cindy on this episode:
- What’s are the three major drivers of the Big Data Revolution?
- What role does an HIE play with regard to Big Data?
- The current status of Louisiana’s Regional Extension Center (REC) and HIE
- The Louisiana REC is 1 of only 11 out of 62 that achieved the goals set forth by the government for REC!!!
- Cindy tells how they achieved the goals
- LHCQF Plans for 2015: 1) adding participants to LA HIE 2) debut of a patient portal and 3( launch of patient/consumer engagement education
- Transformation of healthcare is under way – providers need a (#BigData) plan to take advantage of all the changes and the new data