TODAYS GUEST Travis Bond, Founder and CEO at CareSync
Travis joined us to discuss how CareSync is revolutionizing Chronic Care Management (CCM). Specifically, we discuss the following with Travis:
- What inspired you to found CareSync?
- How do you go to market? Who are your customers?
- What can you tell us about how the Center for Medicare and Medicate Services has strengthened the front line in the battle of chronic disease with the new code, 99490?
- It feels like we really are going to make this much talked about transition from fee-for-service to Value-based health system, what does that mean for patients and how are you preparing for the transition at CareSync?
- One sign of finally reaching the tipping point in telemedicine is that about a quarter of our guests the past couple months have been telemedicine companies. How will chronic care management be impacted by telemedicine?
- How is chronic care management expanding to rural health clinics and Federally Qualified Health Centers?
- Is Medicare playing Robin Hood for primary care?
- What is next for CareSync?
CareSync digitally connects doctors, patients and caregivers, reducing the paper chase burden for MDs and delivering better care to happier patients, including Chronic Care Management for Medicare. For doctors treating Medicare patients with two or more chronic illnesses, CareSync’s Chronic Care Management service and app coordinates with the patient, caregivers and all of a patient’s doctors, hospitals, labs and testing facilities and reports monthly on the care plan, at a price less than Medicare’s reimbursement rate. The personal services provided by our Health Assistants – available by both phone and e-mail – are what makes us different as we communicate with all of a patient’s health care providers, no matter what network they’re in, to put together a 360° view of the patient’s history, current situation and care plan.
CareSync has care coordination plans for medical practices with all types of patients, and, plans sold directly to patients and caregivers. Available services include finding and digitizing all of a patient’s medical records, help with doctor’s appointments, medications and caregiving, plus tracking pain, mood and data from wearables and other devices.
All patients, plus caregivers and any doctors or family members they authorize, get 24/7 web and mobile access to CareSync’s comprehensive Health Timeline™ prepared for each patient, with written summaries easy to read at a glance. (from https://www.linkedin.com/company/caresync)