OUR GUEST Michael Trader, Co-Founder and President of RightPatient, returned to the show to talk to us about the latest in Biometrics and Patient Identification.
Specifically, we discuss the following with Michael on this episode:
- (2:02) Will you start by telling us about the progress that you’ve made at RightPatient since we last talked in December of 2014?
- (4:05) What impact does advanced patient identification technology have on reducing duplicate medical record/overlay rates?
- (5:47) How does modern patient identification technology eliminate medical identity theft and fraud at the point of service?
- (7:14) Why is it important to cover patient ID at all the new patient touchpoints including mHealth apps, telemedicine, and home health?
- (8:34) Why are photos essential to the future of patient identification in healthcare?
- (10:20) What impact does implementing modern patient identification technology have on increasing patient data integrity?
- (12:55) What does the patient identification market look like? Are there many vendors?
- (15:22) Is status quo a big competitor for you?
- (18:02) Are you participating in the CHIME National Patient ID Challenge? Will you describe what that is?
- (19:23) What’s next for RightPatient? What new do you plan to bring to your customers in 2016?
RightPatient® delivers over 20 years of combined experience in healthcare, biometric technology, cloud applications, system integration, high-performance computing, and human factor engineering, ensuring that you will always be provided with innovative, scalable, and practical solutions that are the best possible fit for your needs.
As the industry’s premier patient identity management platform, RightPatient® is utilized by dozens of hospitals and health systems that collectively see over 30 million patients annually and represent more than 860 healthcare locations. These forward-thinking providers process thousands of daily transactions through RightPatient® to prevent duplicate medical records, deter fraud, and increase patient safety. (from http://www.rightpatient.com/about-m2sys-healthcare-solutions/)
About Michael Trader
A serial entrepreneur with a passion for innovation, Michael has been an early-stage and founding member of several successful technology companies in the areas of strategic sourcing, biometrics, and healthcare. He has advised dozens of Fortune 1000 companies, traveled to more than 30 countries, is a frequent presenter at various healthcare symposiums, and has been interviewed by media and research outlets such as CNN, Fortune Magazine, Health Data Management, and Frost & Sullivan.
At RightPatient, Michael is responsible for overseeing business development and marketing activities, government outreach, and for providing senior leadership on business and policy issues. Michael holds a BS degree in Biological Sciences from the University of Vermont where he graduated with honors.
Previous Interview with Michael
#PatientID, #PatientIdentification, #PatientSafety, #Biometrics
patient identification, patient ID, patient safety, biometric patient identification, biometrics and patient identification
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Experian Health to Help Providers with Consumerism at HFMA - June 4, 2018
- The Solution to Proper Medication Disposal - May 25, 2018
- Exploring Novel Psychoactive Substances - March 9, 2018