LIVE from Las Vegas, at #HRTechConf, we were joined by Josh Berry, Managing Director at Venture Tech.
A little more about Josh Berry:
– Nebraska-based, 30-person firm dedicated to helping non-technical B2B entrepreneurs launch businesses, strong specialty int he HR technology space
– Has start-up experience, understands the challenges in launching a tech company
– Attends HR Tech to see the trends, passionate about helping HR practitioners who have great biz ideas
– Loves helping and coaching new businesses
– “The Silicon Prairie” – many tech start-ups coming out of Nebraska
“Tech companies have some very specific hurdles they have to get over – one of them is price point.” – Josh Berry
1. Start-up Pavilion – so many new, fresh ideas.
2. SaaS-based start-ups are getting more attention from the Venture Capital World.
3. Start-up Tech Community vs. Established HR Tech Companies = Opportunities to Collaborate.
4. Reverse Mentoring – why not?
5. Are tech companies really keeping up with the needs of the industry? Teaching companies how to pivot in strategy.
“Engagement Technology. A lot of people are attempting it, an interesting study from Workbench (B2B Accelerator in NYC) – Engagement was the only vertical that didn’t have any $5-10 Million players – the biggest gap where is a need – a lot of small players that are not able to tackle it .” – Josh Berry
intrepidHR is made possible by Dovetail Software!
Dovetail Software delivers web-based solutions and help desk programs that enable organizations to reduce administrative and support costs, diagnose and resolve complex business problems, increase efficiency, and improve employee and customer support.
Your hosts, direct from Las Vegas!
RAYANNE THORN works in hiring, strategy, marketing, and business development with tech start-up companies and has held several high-level positions in the HR and recruiting technology space. She has been responsible for hiring, branding, marketing, sales, and partnership strategies.
In addition to her professional experience, Thorn is an accomplished blogger, sharing her thoughts on business today, leadership, industry expertise and how they often intersect with life and as a job search contributor for Huffington Post. A widely-sought after public speaker, she has shared her insight at numerous business and HR/recruiting industry conferences and events.
TODD SCHNICK is a recovering national political operative (a claim to fame is that Chris Matthews predicted he would go to jail during the 2000 Florida Recount), was an aide to a congressman, ran several state party organizations, and managed campaigns from governor to city council.
Now, Todd is a marketing, content, and media strategist, media host + producer, distance runner, and makes his home in Brookhaven, GA (Metro Atlanta). He has written five books, and has been named a Top Sales + Marketing Influencer and Blogger.
Latest posts by Rayanne Thorn (see all)
- HR Latte: #WorkHuman – The Shift We Need - March 29, 2016
- HR Latte: Healthcare HR Check-up – Jay Kuhns, pt 3 “Technology Today” - March 28, 2016
- HR Latte Kicks off new Series: #Life with guest Derek Zeller - March 22, 2016