Leadership on the Ground, Season 2, Episode 2 is here! Charisma….sure its nice to have…but leaders today need to understand and fully leverage their Personal Power in the moment!
Discussion guide for today’s episode: Leveraging your personal power:
1. Review of the concepts of Leadership on the Ground, as well as In Real Time, practicing leadership at the speed of business.
2. What is “personal power?”
3. Types of personal power: position power, expertise power, to name two.
4. Learning how to leverage your personal power to influence…
5. But here is key point: leveraging personal power is helping OTHERS, not yourself.
6. What is charisma? Is that personal power? Or are they different?
7. Personal power is gravitas…wise counsel, but compassionate.
8. You do NOT declare that you have personal power. Rather, others have to bestow that on YOU. Others have to declare it for you…
9. Style versatility (from Season 1) matters here…
10. Be mindful of introverts and experts, and provide and facilitate entry points (Ep. 1) for others… That’s how we influence the room…
11. Does emotional intelligence (Season 1) also matter?
12. “People with personal power are in service to others.”
This series co-hosted by Erica Peitler:
Erica Peitler is a Leadership Performance Coach who courageously partners with individuals, teams and organizations who want to realize their visions of success by transforming their leadership potential into visible, on the ground, breakthrough leadership performance!
With an engaging, provocative and straight forward approach, Erica inspires leaders to reach beyond their comfort level as they pursue becoming the performance based leaders they aspire to be in both their professional and personal life.
As a keynote speaker and author, Erica educates, entertains and enlightens audiences on leadership, transformational change and professional/personal growth initiatives.
Erica is the author of the groundbreaking leadership book, Leadership Rigor:
Leadership Rigor: Breakthrough Performance and Productivity–Leading Yourself, Teams and Organizations