Leading with GRIT, Episode Five, discussion guide:
1. We lead off with a discussion and overview on the importance of Leading with GRIT.
2. Generosity: You don’t feel like you HAVE to do something…rather, you WANT to do something…
3. This is critical as a self-awareness tool as well… You cannot be respectful and generous when you aren’t living your TRUTH…
4. Key to remember: Part of what we are talking about with regards to respect? Is respecting YOURSELF!
5. Can you be too generous? AKA “The White Knight Syndrome…”
6. When you respect yourself, you’ll be able to say “NO” more often, and more easily… Your INTENT shifts, which is when cool stuff starts to happen!
7. When this happens, it’s amazing when you engage a person who “has their dukes up,” how you can still keep the bigger picture in mind, and not succumb to bad behavior! When you are operating from a place of respect and generosity, you don’t take things personally. What a change that can make in a workplace….
8. Coming from a place of respect and generosity also gives you courage. When you have your GRIT together, you are boldly facing fear…
9. It also allows you to operate from an abundance mentality!
10. Also, when you operate this way, people want to help you and serve you too…
11. It’s important to be respectful and generous to others. MORE IMPORTANT to be respectful and generous to YOURSELF first! “If we don’t take care of ourselves, how can we take care of others?”
Find LEADING with GRIT on iTUNES!
CLICK HERE to join Laurie’s mailing list to receive FREE weekly tips!
Today’s episode is made possible by Unlimited Coaching Solutions!
In today’s workplace, business leaders face significant pressure to recruit and retain the best employees, to effectively build a team, to create a culture that is healthy, productive, and dynamic, and to empower their staff in managing stress and finding balance. And behind all of those pressures is one goal: to strengthen and grow the business. And too many organizations struggle with this.
Unlimited Coaching Solutions provides customized strategies and training to help you reach your goals and take your teams to the next level. Call them today at (585) 248-9322, or find them online at unlimitedcoaching.com.
You can find Laurie’s book, Leading with GRIT, right here!
About our co-host, Laurie Sudbrink:
Laurie is president and founder of Unlimited Coaching Solutions, which specializes in improving workplace performance. She is a certified New York State trainer, an approved United States Navy trainer, and is certified in the Four Agreements. She has over twenty years of corporate experience in human relations, management, sales, marketing and training and is a magna cum laude graduate in Communications from SUNY Cortland.
For more information, visit www.leadingwithgrit.com.