Leading with GRIT, Episode Two, discussion guide:
1. We lead off with a discussion and overview on the importance of Leading with GRIT.
2. To change, you MUST be aware of your choices. Some people don’t realize they have options, that they can, in fact, change…
3. It’s quite empowering when you finally realize this!
4. Self-awareness and self-reflection are critical skills here.
5. The 5 Steps of Change:
a. Awareness. Why you need to “stalk” yourself.
b. Desire. The “why” this is important to YOU, not someone else.
e. Perseverance. Whatever it takes to stay on track.
6. “Is (constant) change the new normal?”
7. And it’s one thing to roll with change. But it’s quite another to instigate change!
8. A key role for a leader is to get people to accept change [CRITICAL skill]. As quickly as possible. Without collateral damage.
9. The 5 Steps are guaranteed to work. You know, if you actually take the five steps. And for the record: YOU CANNOT REMOVE A STEP. When you do? That’s when change doesn’t stick.
10. It’s one thing to affect personal change. Quite another to affect organizational change. And desire is potentially the hardest step…
11. Even “good” change won’t last if organizational acceptance is low.
12. When making organizational change, you still have to focus on the DESIRE of the individual team members and what’s in it for them, NOT for the benefit of the organization.
13. The role of a leader is to empower people and provide them what they need to get stuff done (and to take the steps necessary to embrace change).
Find LEADING with GRIT on iTUNES!
CLICK HERE to join Laurie’s mailing list to receive FREE weekly tips!
Today’s episode is made possible by Unlimited Coaching Solutions!
In today’s workplace, business leaders face significant pressure to recruit and retain the best employees, to effectively build a team, to create a culture that is healthy, productive, and dynamic, and to empower their staff in managing stress and finding balance. And behind all of those pressures is one goal: to strengthen and grow the business. And too many organizations struggle with this.
Unlimited Coaching Solutions provides customized strategies and training to help you reach your goals and take your teams to the next level. Call them today at (585) 248-9322, or find them online at unlimitedcoaching.com.
You can find Laurie’s book, Leading with GRIT, right here!
About our co-host, Laurie Sudbrink:
Laurie is president and founder of Unlimited Coaching Solutions, which specializes in improving workplace performance. She is a certified New York State trainer, an approved United States Navy trainer, and is certified in the Four Agreements. She has over twenty years of corporate experience in human relations, management, sales, marketing and training and is a magna cum laude graduate in Communications from SUNY Cortland.
For more information, visit www.leadingwithgrit.com.
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.