Leading with GRIT, Episode One, discussion guide:
1. We lead off with a discussion and overview on the importance of Leading with GRIT.
2. What is GRIT? And why does it matter to successful leaders? Generosity, Respect, Integrity, and Truth! GRIT is a roadmap for managers and leaders to get the results they are looking for…
3. It’s important to understand the ratio of your management activities verses your leadership activities. Do you really even know?
4. GRIT helps you identify your leadership potential!
5. You need to be tough, yes, but you also need those softer characteristics found in GRIT.
6. Successful leaders do have to focus on the self, which helps them become more genuine and authentic.
7. Laurie explains how she actually came up with the GRIT model.
8. “It all starts with TRUTH…”
9. “Integrity is the action of your TRUTH…”
10. “You have to respect yourself before you can EVER do it for others…”
11. You cannot miss a step in the GRIT model. This all has to work together.
12. Laurie explains the GRIT Assessment tool, which is really about self-awareness.
13. There are different types of leaders, such as formal and informal leaders.
14. Organizations are changing too; less layers, more teams, virtual work.
15. The impact of emotional intelligence on the work environment, and how GRIT strengthens that.
16. Laurie discusses the concept of SHIFT, and why she closes each chapter in her book with this…this is the real exercise for self-improvement! Download the SHIFT worksheet below!
Find LEADING with GRIT on iTUNES!
CLICK HERE to join Laurie’s mailing list to receive FREE weekly tips!
Today’s episode is made possible by Unlimited Coaching Solutions!
In today’s workplace, business leaders face significant pressure to recruit and retain the best employees, to effectively build a team, to create a culture that is healthy, productive, and dynamic, and to empower their staff in managing stress and finding balance. And behind all of those pressures is one goal: to strengthen and grow the business. And too many organizations struggle with this.
Unlimited Coaching Solutions provides customized strategies and training to help you reach your goals and take your teams to the next level. Call them today at (585) 248-9322, or find them online at unlimitedcoaching.com.
You can find Laurie’s book, Leading with GRIT, right here!
About our co-host, Laurie Sudbrink:
Laurie is president and founder of Unlimited Coaching Solutions, which specializes in improving workplace performance. She is a certified New York State trainer, an approved United States Navy trainer, and is certified in the Four Agreements. She has over twenty years of corporate experience in human relations, management, sales, marketing and training and is a magna cum laude graduate in Communications from SUNY Cortland.
For more information, visit www.leadingwithgrit.com.
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.