Leadership on the Ground, Season Three, Episode One!
Today, on Episode One, Erica Peitler and I discuss Facilitating progress and aligned action!
In Seasons 1 and 2, we focused on the individual mainly and how to acquire fundamental skills and then apply them in real time, situation by situation.
So, entry points, altitude, sequencing, calling out unproductive behaviors…all critical building blocks to get us to build a strong foundation.
In Season 3, we take our learning to a more MACRO level now. We now look at the concept of RHYTHM and how team leaders and organizational leaders can use their energy and rhythm to achieve performance and productivity.
Rhythm…if you look up the definition: is a strong, repeated movement or sound, a systematic arrangement. It is a pattern. Great leaders have rhythm in the way they lead. In fact, they are adept at:
Discussion Guide for Season Three, Episode One: Facilitating progress and aligned action:
1. The importance of “facilitating…” Leaders today need to be facilitators of progress…
2. “Leadership is a full-contact sport…”
3. You have to make your team “change-ready” leaders. That’s your job, as a leader!
4. Why is the process of “facilitating progress” the first part of this new series? Why are we starting here? It’s about fitting to an organizations’s culture and values…
5. Creating safe space…
6. The four keys to facilitating progress…
7. Facilitating progress vs. being a facilitator-of-progress: What’s the distinction?
8. Successfully facilitating progress vs. having the wrong people on the team. How do you know?
9. The power of mantras, and the role they play in setting and determining an organization’s rhythm…
10. The risks of changing both mantras and rhythms. Changing mantras too often can be a rhythm-killer…
11. How the analytical-model applies here: the role that data plays…
12. The Growth-Risk-Change equation. Creating space and trust…
13. Any additional rhythm-killers we should be aware of here?
About our host, Erica Peitler:
Erica is a Leadership Performance Coach who courageously partners with individuals, teams and organizations who want to realize their visions of success by transforming their leadership potential into visible, on the ground, breakthrough leadership performance!
With an engaging, provocative and straight forward approach, Erica inspires leaders to reach beyond their comfort level as they pursue becoming the performance based leaders they aspire to be in both their professional and personal life.
As a keynote speaker and author, Erica educates, entertains and enlightens audiences on leadership, transformational change and professional/personal growth initiatives.
You can find Erica’s critically important book right here:
Leadership on the Ground is made possible by DeskHub Atlanta!
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.