LIVE from Las Vegas, at #HRTechConf, we were joined by Kelly Long, HR Chief of Staff at Rackspace.
A little more about Kelly Long:
– 5 years at Rackspace with an emphasis on Organizational Effectiveness and Employee Engagement, and Culture.
– Rackspace is known for its Employer Branding and Employee Engagement – “it is a participatory sport.”
– Kelly Long has worked in every facet of human resources.
Discussion Guide from today’s show: Kelly Long: The Many Different Parts of HR that Matter in Employee Engagement
1. Managers are the first to see the results of the “Racker Pulse” – the employee engagement surveys at Rackspace.
2. Level-set expectations with fairness to all employees.
3. Kelly Long was a presenter at HR Tech – “How Rackspace Engages with Employees in Real-Time.”
4. What is an “HR Wienie?”
5. Impacting Meaningful Change Through HR.
“It isn’t just the employee engagement surveys that tie into an employee’s engagement.” – Kelly Long
intrepidHR is made possible by Dovetail Software!
Dovetail Software delivers web-based solutions and help desk programs that enable organizations to reduce administrative and support costs, diagnose and resolve complex business problems, increase efficiency, and improve employee and customer support.
Your hosts, direct from Las Vegas!
RAYANNE THORN works in hiring, strategy, marketing, and business development with tech start-up companies and has held several high-level positions in the HR and recruiting technology space. She has been responsible for hiring, branding, marketing, sales, and partnership strategies.
In addition to her professional experience, Thorn is an accomplished blogger, sharing her thoughts on business today, leadership, industry expertise and how they often intersect with life and as a job search contributor for Huffington Post. A widely-sought after public speaker, she has shared her insight at numerous business and HR/recruiting industry conferences and events.
TODD SCHNICK is a recovering national political operative (a claim to fame is that Chris Matthews predicted he would go to jail during the 2000 Florida Recount), was an aide to a congressman, ran several state party organizations, and managed campaigns from governor to city council.
Now, Todd is a marketing, content, and media strategist, media host + producer, distance runner, and makes his home in Brookhaven, GA (Metro Atlanta). He has written five books, and has been named a Top Sales + Marketing Influencer and Blogger.