Martin Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers
HR Latte, episode 74
Series: Today’s Employer Branding into Tomorrow’s Employee Engagement
Martin Burns, US recruiting Technology Leader at PwC joins Rayanne Thorn to continue this series covering employer branding and employee engagement – this particular episode include s a twist of technology, given Martin’s expertise. Mr. Burns earned this new title in December 2015 – he gives us an overview of the benefit of employer branding.
“Branding is a whole collection of a firm’s attributes – like a Lego set, all these little pieces all fit together – sometimes, you step on an edge – causing a bit of pain.”
Martin explains why employer branding is different for different verticals in different organizations, PwC has embraced the changes new comms and updated technology brings to the world of work today.
“If you aren’t who you say you are, people will find out pretty quickly.” – Martin Burns
Discussion Points for Employer Branding with a Twist of Tech:
- Branding is a whole collection of a firm’s attributes – their true reputation.
- How PwC has shifted to match the times – 40,000 employees in the U.S.
- Don’t make up a “song and dance” to cover-up gaping wounds – heal the wounds.
- Glassdoor, LinkedIn Corporate page, revising job descriptions, and other new tools will shift perception of brand.
- PwC’s “Grow Your Own Way” campaign, how to tap into the strengths of employees.
- Embracing cutting edge technology and new, interesting work that will impact the future of an organization.
- How can recruiting and marketing work together.
- Transparency, Authenticity, Culture, into Employer Branding…
*Click here for past Episodes 1-66
HRLatte is made possible by:
Dovetail Software delivers web-based solutions & help desk programs that enable organizations to reduce administrative & support costs, diagnose & resolve complex business problems, and increase efficiency, while improving support.
Rayanne loves hosting talk radio and continues to hone this craft in every way possible by creating and hosting several educational and promotional radio shows, hosting & moderating webinars and podcasts, as well as a featured host on intrepidNOW’s Trade Show Radio.
For more information about how you can use online radio or podcasting to educate your target audience or customer, compliment your marketing efforts, and grow your brand recognition, feel free to message Rayanne on Twitter, LinkedIn, or via email at rayanne@intrepidNOW.com.
Additionally, if you’d like to have streaming radio to drive traffic to your booth at an exhibition, trade show, or conference – please connect with Rayanne!
- HR Latte: #WorkHuman – The Shift We Need - March 29, 2016
- HR Latte: Healthcare HR Check-up – Jay Kuhns, pt 3 “Technology Today” - March 28, 2016
- HR Latte Kicks off new Series: #Life with guest Derek Zeller - March 22, 2016