Chrissy Thornhill of Salesforce
HR Latte, episode 72
Series: Today’s Employer Branding into Tomorrow’s Employee Engagement
Chrissy (Glover) Thornhill, Global Employer Brand Manager at Salesforce joins Rayanne Thorn to continue this series covering employer branding and employee engagement. Ms. Thornhill, eight years experience as a recruiter with an emphasis in social media, marketing, PR,and internal communications – currently responsible for showcasing the Salesforce employment brand.
“With the emergence of social media, employer brands became a tw0-way conversation with employees and employers contributing – over the last few years, both sides of the conversation have become exponentially louder.”
Chrissy explains why good employee engagement comes before a great employer brand, Salesforce offers many different programs that show their commitment to engaging with employees.
Discussion Points for The Key is Employee Engagement:
- A great candidate experience is crucial – 92% of people trust friends and family over a brand
- Social Media has changed how we communicate and do research about organizations
- We are now seeing the blend and crossover of marketing and recruiting
- Chrissy shares a Salesforce employer brand success: Instagram has been a hit sharing employee engagement stories
- Salesforce: 18,000 employees, hiring 1500 every quarter
- We are still talking about culture – social media aids in sharing true culture/true employer brand
- What does a poor employer brand say about an organization?
- The competitive intelligence available on Glassdoor
*Click here for past Episodes 1-66
HRLatte is made possible by:
Dovetail Software delivers web-based solutions & help desk programs that enable organizations to reduce administrative & support costs, diagnose & resolve complex business problems, and increase efficiency, while improving support.
Rayanne loves hosting talk radio and continues to hone this craft in every way possible by creating and hosting several educational and promotional radio shows, hosting & moderating webinars and podcasts, as well as a featured host on intrepidNOW’s Trade Show Radio.
For more information about how you can use online radio or podcasting to educate your target audience or customer, compliment your marketing efforts, and grow your brand recognition, feel free to message Rayanne on Twitter, LinkedIn, or via email at rayanne@intrepidNOW.com.
Additionally, if you’d like to have streaming radio to drive traffic to your booth at an exhibition, trade show, or conference – please connect with Rayanne!
- HR Latte: #WorkHuman – The Shift We Need - March 29, 2016
- HR Latte: Healthcare HR Check-up – Jay Kuhns, pt 3 “Technology Today” - March 28, 2016
- HR Latte Kicks off new Series: #Life with guest Derek Zeller - March 22, 2016