LIVE from Las Vegas, at #HRTechConf, we were joined by Dietrich Warner, HR Operations Director with Boston University.
A little more about Dietrich Warner:
– Former SAP Consultant who joined Boston University in 2014.
– Very interesting time to see how software is responding to healthcare reform.
– Very different when your organization is self-insured like Boston University.
– Consultant vs. Practitioner – timelines change, “ability to implement” consideration.
Discussion Guide from today’s show: Dietrich Warner: You cannot automate employee happiness
1. Taking care of employees at Boston University: 17 colleges and schools.
2. First time at HR Tech and presenting for the very first time at a conference: Shared Services – Implementing Dovetail Software at Boston University.
3. You cannot automate employee happiness, but you can make interactions clear and valuable.
4. Healthcare will be a big driver of what HR is all about in the future, Dietrich shares some predictions.
5. “Higher Education” is very different than most markets, BU still administers benefits in-house.
“From a core HR perspective, I’d like to see a move from legacy solutions to cloud-based offerings.” – Dietrich Warner
intrepidHR is made possible by Dovetail Software!
Dovetail Software delivers web-based solutions and help desk programs that enable organizations to reduce administrative and support costs, diagnose and resolve complex business problems, increase efficiency, and improve employee and customer support.
Your hosts, direct from Las Vegas!
RAYANNE THORN works in hiring, strategy, marketing, and business development with tech start-up companies and has held several high-level positions in the HR and recruiting technology space. She has been responsible for hiring, branding, marketing, sales, and partnership strategies.
In addition to her professional experience, Thorn is an accomplished blogger, sharing her thoughts on business today, leadership, industry expertise and how they often intersect with life and as a job search contributor for Huffington Post. A widely-sought after public speaker, she has shared her insight at numerous business and HR/recruiting industry conferences and events.
TODD SCHNICK is a recovering national political operative (a claim to fame is that Chris Matthews predicted he would go to jail during the 2000 Florida Recount), was an aide to a congressman, ran several state party organizations, and managed campaigns from governor to city council.
Now, Todd is a marketing, content, and media strategist, media host + producer, distance runner, and makes his home in Brookhaven, GA (Metro Atlanta). He has written five books, and has been named a Top Sales + Marketing Influencer and Blogger.