Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
In Episode 8, what is communication triage? When you have something VERY IMPORTANT to communicate, but VERY LITTLE time to make it happen.
Welcome to SliceRadio! Helping you slice through the noise, and to better connect with the people most important to your business. According to SLICE host Michael Taylor: “We all need two things to be successful in this world: 1. other people and 2. The ability to connect with them.” SLICE is about helping you nail #2 by communicating with power and clarity anywhere you need to make things happen.
Notes and discussion guide from Episode 8: Communication Triage
1. Communicating something important, with very little time, is a very common occurrence in business. Too often, you don’t have a week to research something…
2. Communication lessons that can be learned from medics on the battlefield.
3. Key to success: think about your communication triage rules in advance, BEFORE you are under a crisis situation!
4. A discussion of the simple rules for communication triage. Put simply, how to discard or set aside information NOT relevant to your pending communication. A quick synopsis of Michael’s GREEN-YELLOW-RED communication triage model:
a. Green: Information has NO RELEVANCE to intended audience –> Do not use.
b. Yellow: Information is worth citing, and has bearing, but not critical to intended audience. –> Do not use, unless asked for.
c. Red: Information is VITAL to intended audience. –> USE!
5. Finally, time for the “Weasel of the Week!”
About your co-host, Michael Taylor:
Michael Taylor learned a few big things from his 20 years of simplifying heinously complicated businesses…so he started SimpleMind, a strategic marketing firm that helps companies with complex offerings translate their value.
Michael led strategic marketing teams for over 100 companies growing his award winning marketing agency to serving fortune 500 clients in 12 cities and 6 countries until selling an equity stake of his company to a large consulting company in 2005.
This series is made possible by:
SimpleMind helps companies and leaders convey complex ideas with force and clarity. The harder your offerings are to explain, understand, or sell, the more value we bring.
We are communication experts, designers, facilitators, writers and digital specialists. We’ll help you deliver your story and ideas with force consistently, in your sales presentations, through your website, through social channels, and in your electronic and print materials.
Over 100 of the world’s top companies have relied on SimpleMind to energize customers, new markets, and teams through improved communications.