Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
A pleasure to welcome Aaron Jones to the show today. Aaron is the President of Bastian Solutions.
Discussion topics for today’s show:
1. What have been the recent material handling industry changing technologies and what will be the next developments that will change the industry?
2. How important is it for material handling manufacturers to invest in R&D initiatives
3. Biggest countries/regional opportunities for material handling automation growth
4. Efforts to recruit young manufacturing and engineering talent; importance of promoting STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) careers
5. How to retain your top talent and provide them the necessary career training and advancement opportunities.
Aaron became the President of Bastian solutions in January of 2014. Prior to becoming the company’s president, Aaron worked as Vice President for the previous 4 years. In 2010 Aaron started Bastian’s Canadian business which now has grown into a nationally recognized Canadian integrator across the entire country. As a Regional Manager and Vice President, Aaron was instrumental in leading Bastian into new technologies including various forms of Advanced Robotics, AGVs, and Automated Storage and Retrieval including several major international projects.
Aaron joined Bastian in 2005 after working for Ford Motor Company and Visteon Corporation’s exterior trim and R&D divisions for 5 years. Prior to working for Ford Motor Company, Aaron played 5 seasons of professional baseball with the New York Yankees.
CLICK HERE to receive all future conversations and columns from the intrepidNOW Media Network, sent DIRECT to your INBOX!
Click on image below to subscribe to intrepidBUSINESS on iTunes: