Todd’s second book is Die Empty, and I could not wait to dive into a conversation around the latest sure-to-be-best-seller!
Key takeaways from the conversation:
1. “Are you just being carried along by your work?”
2. What is meant by “Die Empty.” It is NOT what you think… Or, why the graveyard is so valuable…
3. Your four finite resources –> focus, assets, time, and energy. A life well lived is about NOT regretting where you choose to spend these finite resources….
4. “Your are building a body of work. Will you be proud of it?”
5. Why you MIGHT die empty –> Aimlessness, boredom, comfort, delusion, ego, fear, and guardedness (the 7 deadly sins that lead to mediocrity).
6. “What work am I willing to suffer on behalf of every day?”
7. What is obvious to you, is brilliant to others…
8. Why you need to be fiercely curious…
9. How in the heck do you sustain your enthusiasm?
10. “Your legacy is built one decision at a time.”
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.