It was our pleasure to welcome Rowan Gibson to Intrepid Radio! He recently joined us to discuss his book The 4 Lenses of Innovation – A Power Tool for Creative Thinking, which provides a framework (or power tool) that every organization can use to systematically create innovative products and solutions.
Rowan Gibson is widely recognized as one of the world’s foremost thought leaders on business innovation. The media have labeled him “Mr. Innovation”, “the Innovation Grandmaster”, “the W. Edwards Deming of innovation”, and “a guru among the gurus”. He is the internationally bestselling author of three major books on business strategy and innovation – Rethinking The Future (1996), Innovation to the Core (2008), and The Four Lenses of Innovation (2015) – which have been published to date in 25 languages. His latest book, The Four Lenses of Innovation (Wiley), explains how to dramatically improve a company’s innovation efforts by using a powerful new set of discovery lenses.. In 2015 Rowan received the prestigious “Global Leader of Innovation” award for his significant contribution to the field of innovation strategy. Over the last two decades, Gibson’s international clients have included some of the world’s largest and most successful organizations. He teaches them how to seize new growth opportunities, create new markets and even transform entire industries by recalibrating their whole organizational system around the paradigm of innovation. (from rowangibson.com)
We discuss the following with Rowan on this episode:
- Where do big ideas come from? How do innovators come up with their breakthroughs? And can we learn from them and emulate their thinking patterns? Can literally anyone become an innovator?
- What can we learn from the incredible wave of creativity that came bursting out of the European Renaissance?
- Why do so many people believe they are not creative? Is there some kind of mental block that’s getting in the way?
- Do ideas just come to us out of the blue in a magical Eureka moment? How does the creative thinking process work and what role do insights play in this process?
- Is it possible to make innovation less serendipitous and more systematic? Are there simple principles or tools we can apply every day to unlock our ability to innovate?
Ever wonder where big, breakthrough ideas come from? How do innovators manage to spot the opportunities for industry revolution that everyone else seems to miss?
Contrary to popular belief, innovation is not some mystical art that’s forbidden to mere mortals. The Four Lenses of Innovation thoroughly debunks this pervasive myth by delivering what we’ve long been hoping for: the news that innovation is systematic, it’s methodical, and we can all achieve it.
By asking how the world’s top innovators—Steve Jobs, Richard Branson, Jeff Bezos, and many others—came up with their game-changing ideas, bestselling author Rowan Gibson identifies four key business perspectives that will enable you to discover groundbreaking opportunities for innovation and growth.
Be sure to get more information about Rowan Gibson here: http://rowangibson.com/
Order your copy of The 4 Lenses of Innovation on Amazon today!
Subscribe Now to get the latest from Intrepid Business sent DIRECT to your INBOX!