A pleasure to welcome Nigel Dessau to the show! Nigel is a marketing professional and the author of Become A 21st Century Executive: Breaking Away from the Pack, a practical guide to helping middle managers not only survive, but thrive in today’s complex workplace.Key takeaways from today’s discussion:
1. How anyone can acquire new content, expand their network, and hone their approach so that they can finally score that promotion.
2. Why transparency matters.
3. Why a lack of upward mobility may have to do with an employee’s professional network.
4. What happens when someone recognizes that they may not get promoted in a company, no matter how hard they work or how much they deserve it.
5. Why many people move into roles and jobs that limit their careers.
6. In some cases, people just need to let themselves move on. As Nigel says, “Don’t run away…Run to!”
Download Nigel’s book:
Become a 21st Century Executive
About Nigel Dessau:
Nigel is a nationally award-winning marketing professional with over 25 years of experience leading corporate marketing and communications for several multi-million and billion dollar companies. He began his career by working for IBM, serving customers and partners in the UK. Dessau decided to move to the U.S. following an assignment in New York, where he continued to work for IBM for nine years. Since leaving, Dessau has held senior executive and CMO roles at both private and Fortune 500 companies including StorageTek, Sun Microsystems, AMD, and Stratus Technologies.
Dessau is the creator and driving force behind the 3 Minute Mentor website, which provides significant career guidance in three minute videos. The website claims thousands of subscribers from all over the world. Become a 21st Century Executive is based upon episodes and concepts found in the 3 Minute Mentor.